Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slughead

Box is junk

This is my second box with the 1800 working well. I bought the 1900 in the summer and have patiently waited for firmware to fix the myriad of problems. I am done waiting and have sprung for a couple of nvidia boxes. The 1900 is unusable junk. I hope this post saves someone the money and more importantly the time of owning this brick.

Although my 1800 works well I'm tossing it. I can not support a company that releases such useless rubbish.

I am happy now I don't have to return to this forum hopping for a magic fix.....it doesn't exists

DONT BUY A MY GICA PRODUCT

Hi Slughead,

You are so right, I to had never a box with so much problems as this one. It's total crap, but there is light in the darkness I hope.

I can not buy me another box because I don't' have the money for it, I spend it all on this one.

I hope with the new firmware update that is coming soon, the problems are handled, o're I am shrewd. :(

This box can never be fixed with updates. Too many problems to fix. Replacement is the only way but not at my cost. MyGica needs to step up here!!!

This box can never be fixed with updates. Too many problems to fix. Replacement is the only way but not at my cost. MyGica needs to step up here!!!

I was at Canada Computers sometime after Christmas and they had a sale on for the 1900AC and the 1800e was right next to it with the same price. There was a customer standing there with the 1900 in is hand, but looked a bit undecided which to buy, that or the 1800. I told him buy the 1800 because the 1900 had some major problems, the sales guy came up just then and said to get the 1900 because it is the latest model and is better. The poor guy listen to him and bought it. I said to him, when you will see what I mean then make sure you return it for the 1800.

I wonder what ever happened.... hope he listened or maybe he is one of the people here really fedup?

FBN

Thirty years in the technology says: Never buy ANY device that is Release 1.

Any early adopters should know you could very well be buying a lemon, if not your just a Beta+ tester.

Cavet emptor, I'm afraid.

This is my second box with the 1800 working well. I bought the 1900 in the summer and have patiently waited for firmware to fix the myriad of problems. I am done waiting and have sprung for a couple of nvidia boxes. The 1900 is unusable junk. I hope this post saves someone the money and more importantly the time of owning this brick.

Although my 1800 works well I'm tossing it. I can not support a company that releases such useless rubbish.

I am happy now I don't have to return to this forum hopping for a magic fix.....it doesn't exists

DONT BUY A MY GICA PRODUCT

I am not sure if you checked the server there is a new file for ATV1900AC its a boot file try that it fixes alot of things

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=324e6fb27c027a9b&id=324E6FB27C027A9B%211503&authkey=%21AJD9vZ3RxkAMZaI

please update here with some good words :)

Thirty years in the technology says: Never buy ANY device that is Release 1.

Any early adopters should know you could very well be buying a lemon, if not your just a Beta+ tester.

Cavet emptor, I'm afraid.

I am happy from these guys but keeping updated, i will forward your msg since your unhappy to Mods on this form, hope hear good things from you :)

Note to Slughead.... I was just about to order a ATV 1900 from Alibaba delivered to the door for 134 US$. I glad I saw your post.

My intention was to buy a new box and give my 1800 to my daughter.

* 3 years ago I purchased a 52O E duo core for myself and when the 1800 came along I bought one and gave my daughter the "hand-me-down" 520E.

I'm happy with the my ATV 1800 , so much that I bought my son an 1800 last year. All is well except my daughter has a 520 that I'm unable to update. I tried unsuccessfully 5 hours yesterday. It's NOT a brick but it won't update... anyways

I 'm not sure if Justin allows it on the forum... but... If you are going to trash or get rid of the of ATV 1800.. I'll buy it from you for $50.00. My daughter will love it. ( as long as it works ..heheheh)

Thanks

Dave (canadadave@hotmail.com)

Note to Slughead.... I was just about to order a ATV 1900 from Alibaba delivered to the door for 134 US$. I glad I saw your post.

My intention was to buy a new box and give my 1800 to my daughter.

* 3 years ago I purchased a 52O E duo core for myself and when the 1800 came along I bought one and gave my daughter the "hand-me-down" 520E.

I'm happy with the my ATV 1800 , so much that I bought my son an 1800 last year. All is well except my daughter has a 520 that I'm unable to update. I tried unsuccessfully 5 hours yesterday. It's NOT a brick but it won't update... anyways

I 'm not sure if Justin allows it on the forum... but... If you are going to trash or get rid of the of ATV 1800.. I'll buy it from you for $50.00. My daughter will love it. ( as long as it works ..heheheh)

Thanks

Dave (canadadave@hotmail.com)

ATV520E last update is 5.2.2 and stay on it, just update your kodi to 16.0 Jarvis manually since Google Play Store wont allow installation