Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KookyGica

Enough...

...time to get to the next step. First some observations (none of the observations are rocket-science, but bear with me):

1) This forum is filled with primarily unhappy postings.

2) The thread topics are repeated, not so much in subject, but in content with a tone of general discontent

3) The list of issues is scattered across different threads, as forum members rant

4) It is difficult to discern if there are actually happy 1900 owners. (Sometimes one sees a comment that 'it works', that's as close as it

gets)

5) The new mod, "bindaredondat", full of enthusiasm, has been received less-than-warmly

6) The 'old' mod, "justin" seems to be posting less on this board area (as of 02 March 2016)

...Suggestions on what to do:

1) Mods to work towards fixing problems in a more structured manner. If attempts fail after 2 more firmware attempts, I propose we do a

flash mob thing where we meet with the mods and demolish the 1900s in an appropriate manner. Post this to youTube and ensure potential

buyers of myGica products are informed. This is a relatively expensive priced box, costs which we are going to eat, so at least, let's

give the boxes a fitting end. I will gladly retract this plan of action if myGica will refund my money, or provide a box with equal of

better specs which work properly. Everyone's time (especially after-work time) is worth something, I have spent way more than the cost of

this box troubleshooting and reading this forum...as most have. Hence, this box has cost more than 2 x $purchase price.

2) Forum members need to reduce the number of threads on similar issues. Many times the content describes essentially the same issues. Is

opening new threads a means of escalating visibility of an item, i.e. if 20 threads complain about the same thing does that make it more

important?

3) Similarly there are threads which are not on focus, as general, random comments to the thread will cause the topic to meander. Forum

members can assist by staying on topic as much as possible and not respond to comments where the poster is off-topic.

Items 2) and 3) are perhaps par for the course with open forums, but this is a small forum in terms of unique postings. It is only being

made larger due to lazy habits.

4) Happy users may have no reason to post...but...there are troubleshooting forums where others will post their positive experiences with

some issues while trying to solve others. This forum seems lacking of users with working bits of the 1900.

5) New mod is doing the right thing in asking for some tech info. In fact, it should be a standard in problem reporting. Try reading an

old post and see if you can determine what setup the user had at that time. New mod should have done some homework before jumping in.

Homework for mod(s):

-Scan 2 most recent pages of threads and write down complaints by users, eliminating duplicates

-Create a thread which only mods can modify

-List complaints by priority/severity, with the most important and critical first

-For each complaint, indicate if you (mod) have reproduced issue

-Modify the list over time

-Make sure the technical environment is noted for the list

-This is the list of items to be fixed by the next firmware upgrade, so post on the movement of the list to the myGica developers

When firmware arrives:

-List out the items which have been addressed, that is, YOU have tested failed item successfully with new firmware.

Extremely rudimentary bug-tracking, I have set the bar low...can/will you do this?

6) Justin is probably tired of this, and us..maybe even looking for a different vocation by now. If things are done a bit more structured,

and the forum 'happier', maybe he'll feel the urge to participate again.

I hope to have not offended anyone with this; it has been difficult to read about the non-progress of fixes and the emotional reactions of

some users. Simply put....had enough.

I have read through all of your suggestions, and will work towards improving our forums discussions etc.

I am also bringing on a few more mods within the next few months to help out here.

Please note, I do read our forum everyday in great detail

My lack of responding as of late is due to being very busy, that is why I will be having newer mods to join in to help out with those looking for tech support and not just responding to firmware issues.

I will still dedicate myself to the forums, but mostly in regards to Firmware for all the different models as it allows me to focus more on that only.

I posted this in another thread as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after many back and forth on the Phone and Email with my team in China.

I did show them preety much everything that has been written about the 1900 on this Forum.

So I have taken action to get something done. We realize there is just an issue with Android 5.0 in general, and not exactly the hardware itself.

This is what will be done within the next 2-4 weeks for the 1900AC

1. Will be upgrading to Android 5.1. We received the 5.1 SDK for S812 and will be making it work on the 1900AC. This will take a few weeks to do. Please do not ask me for an exact date, as I do not have it. Also do not ask when it will be released for 1800/582/585/586/380, because I just do not have an answer to that right now.

We will then see everyone's feedback on there 1900. Then reevaluate the situation.

2. Will make a Android 4.4 version available to everyone. Since the 1900 is very similar to the 1800, we can do this rather quickly. 1800/4.4 Firmware has been proven to be very stable.

3, Will bring an update to Openelec to address some minor issues.

Once this is all done, you will have 3 working solutions to use on your ATV 1900s. 2 of them being Android, and one of them being OPENELEC.

If still not satisfied with the above 3 options once they become available. We have something else in the works to satisfy all 1900 customers that are not happy.

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin I am running the Feb firmware. Gotta be honest like everyone else this is frustrating beyond repair of the mental state of consciousness. Hope that mental thought brings sanity to an unsane world of the 1900AC.

1) The box for whatever reason when I put it in standby when I try to power it up with the remote, it shows as if it is on but no image on my Panasonic TV HDMI via Marantz receiver. I know you said issues with Panasonic TV's.

2) The HDMI CEC icon after the firmware upgrade doesn't even work to allow me to change it to on/off? What happened there? When I click it in settings it just back out to the settings screen, like it won't allow me to open it?

3) I guess the Pass-Through was never fixed. Sometimes upon a firmware reset it works for a bit but then goes back to that loud HISSING sound. I tried changing the HDMI cable to no avail. Only way to get rid of it, is to set audio in KODI settings to Stereo Upmix.

4) For whatever reason when I shut the unit down and restart. It starts KODI with the first time set up? All my addons are there but any quick menu icons I created, they disappear and I have to either map again or goto Video->addons> to open and addon. Whats that about?

I am too tired to continue writing anymore cause there is so many issues not resolved.