Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveLane

DTV Viewer does not show full screen

I am just setting this box up in an effort to get rid of Cable TV.

I have run into a couple of problems with OTA TV. The auto-scan found three stations (the only ones here in Halifax, Canada). The software has been updated to the latest version using the auto-update.

On the home screen, all three channels display fine in the small box. In the full screen viewer only one of the three displays properly. The other two are scaled incorrectly so that the whole picture does not fit on the screen. It is probably off by about 30%. It does not matter if the display is set to [ ], 4:3 or 16:9 either for the channel or in the AV options.

Another problem I have is one of the channels in not identified (No Name) so the EPG does not work. Is there any way to fix that?

Regards,

Dave

I found a solution to the scaling problem...

In the display settings I forced manual HDMI output, specifically it gave me the option to choose 1080i. I chose that and my 720p TV is ok with that and more importantly the DTV Player now works fine with my three channels (CTV, CBC, Global in Canada). Clearly the player has a bug :-)

As for the other problem (unrecognized channels not providing EPG) as others have noted, given provide some way to record on a specified time, day and duration.

--- Dave

Justin,

Well, the solution did not last. I tried it again this morning and regardless of the video settings 2 of 3 channels are back to being scaled wrong. Clearly an intermittent problem!

If it helps the software guys, I tried recording a bit of it and playing it back in DTV and it is still scaled wrong. If I play the recorded file in Kodi, it plays fine. So, the problem is not related to decoding the OTA signal, but the playback part of DTV.

--- Dave