Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cslewis2016

hdmi converter cable to component video - unstable video

I have to use component video with my TV, as my TV is mounted such that I can't run an HDMI cable to where the mygica box plus into power / ethernet.

The converter cable works with with an older Boxee box, but with the ac 1900, the video is very unstable.

It's fine when booting and on the main android screen, but if i switch apps, the screen flashes green, and then blanks.

Going back to the home screen usually restores the video, but I then have to reboot the unit to get kodi or netflix working again.

I have turned off auto-detect in terms of the audio and video settings. It is set at 720p at 60Hz.

Has anyone had any luck in getting the AC 1900 to work with an hdmi to component converter?

My guess is that when the box changes apps, it reconfigures the hdmi output and that messes up the converter.

Thanks for any help.

I have to use component video with my TV, as my TV is mounted such that I can't run an HDMI cable to where the mygica box plus into power / ethernet.

The converter cable works with with an older Boxee box, but with the ac 1900, the video is very unstable.

It's fine when booting and on the main android screen, but if i switch apps, the screen flashes green, and then blanks.

Going back to the home screen usually restores the video, but I then have to reboot the unit to get kodi or netflix working again.

I have turned off auto-detect in terms of the audio and video settings. It is set at 720p at 60Hz.

Has anyone had any luck in getting the AC 1900 to work with an hdmi to component converter?

My guess is that when the box changes apps, it reconfigures the hdmi output and that messes up the converter.

Thanks for any help.

Are you able to try the resolution setting

720P50HZ

??

The screen goes blank at 720p 50 Hz.

720p / 60 Hz is the only setting that works.

Do you have any recommendations as to a HDMI / component video converter that you know works with the 1900 ac?

The screen goes blank at 720p 50 Hz.

720p / 60 Hz is the only setting that works.

Do you have any recommendations as to a HDMI / component video converter that you know works with the 1900 ac?

Component video only support maximum 720P

This might be your issue if your trying to use it on 1080P

Also Android does not work properly with Component video after Android 4.2, so this might be another issue as well