Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Sound settings on 1800E

I'm not a sound guy so I was wondering if someone can provide a bit of advice on the proper MyGica setting for my setup. I have a Sony TV (KDL-46XBR4) with a Sony Sound Bar (HT-CT260) , connected VIA Optical wire. Then I have the 1800E connected to the TV via HDMI.

My question is should the MyGica settings be set for Passthrough, HDMI or something else to get the proper/best sound? Does it matter? OR, Will it adapt to the TV show or movie and how they were recorded?

I'm not a sound guy so I was wondering if someone can provide a bit of advice on the proper MyGica setting for my setup. I have a Sony TV (KDL-46XBR4) with a Sony Sound Bar (HT-CT260) , connected VIA Optical wire. Then I have the 1800E connected to the TV via HDMI.

My question is should the MyGica settings be set for Passthrough, HDMI or something else to get the proper/best sound? Does it matter? OR, Will it adapt to the TV show or movie and how they were recorded?

Should be set to SPDIF out if you want to use Optical cable to soundbar for sound, and use HDMI for video.