Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulldog00

582 will not boot......

I'm no rookie at this and have tried everything I know and have read but cannot get this box to boot.... Stuck on 'Android' screen. Tried hard boot using SD and USB... Tried holding reset button for short and long periods.... Screen goes blank with no response..... Any suggestions that I have missed would be helpful... Thanks in advance...

I'm no rookie at this and have tried everything I know and have read but cannot get this box to boot.... Stuck on 'Android' screen. Tried hard boot using SD and USB... Tried holding reset button for short and long periods.... Screen goes blank with no response..... Any suggestions that I have missed would be helpful... Thanks in advance...

Hey bulldog, there's not a lot of info to go on here. What changed? What did you do (if anything) to arrive at this condition? When you say *stuck on 'Android' screen, what screen are you referring to? Can you upload a snapshot so we can see what you see?

There are several ways to restore a box to working condition, but the simplest method changes depending on what level of *love* your box requires. ;)

Let us know as much as you possibly can about how you arrived at your current status and we'll try to help you out.

DV

Guess I wrote that kinda quick out of frustration... Lol

'Android' screen.. First screen that pops up when you plug the box in. It will not go past this screen.

I tried to hard reset the box, little button on bottom of box several times.... The screen will go blank but stays like that forever...

I tried using the SD card with the correct image (Nov '15 upgrade) but once again, when I hard reboot, screen goes blank.

I tried the same process with a USB.... Same result.

I tried an older image with same result. I have reformatted these boxes before with no issue. This is a friends box that is 3 months old. He asked me to look at it because it was freezing. I can't even get past the first page.

Mygica 1800-582-380_4.4_20151119(nov2015)

Mygica_atv582_20141105_mag(factory restore)

These are the images I attempted to use with no luck.....

I just simply cannot get past that opening screen....

OK, try this. I just verified it worked perfectly for me:

Get the latest files for the 582 from Justin's One Drive - http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb You want *factory quad core 1800 582-3-23.rar*

Using 7-zip, WinRAR or other archive utility, extract the contents of *factory quad core 1800 582-3-23.rar* to a folder on your system. This prevents any errors from unarchiving directly to the microSD card. Format the microSD card to FAT32 and copy all of the files from your chosen unRAR location to the microSD card. You should have the following files:

sd_bak

u-boot.bin

uboot_MX.cmd

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img

dd.exe

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

readme.txt

recovery.img

The readme is a bit outdated, but is still accurate for the most part. Complete the following steps exactly:

After copying files to the microSD card, run uboot_MX.cmd on the microSD card from your PC. A command prompt will open and begin executing the steps to make the microSD card recognizable by the ATV582. Press a key to continue and repeat until the command prompt window closes. Safely eject the microSD card from the PC and insert it in the ATV582.

Connect the HDMI to the TV/monitor so you can view the progress. With the ATV582 power cord disconnected, press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the unit. Be prepared to hold this for 10 or so seconds while connecting the power cord to the ATV582. After 10 or so seconds, the blue LED will begin alternate flashing with the red LED on the front of the box. Release the reset button as soon as the LEDs start their flashing.

Wait for a couple of minutes. Sometimes the display is black for a few minutes while the boot partition is restored before the Android upgrade robot screen is displayed indicating the firmware is being replaced. If you remove the power before the screen comes back on (5 minutes maximum), you will brick the device and then you'll be looking at a serial recovery (read PITA).

Once the firmware is installed the box reboots and finishes its set-up. Although it really shouldn't be necessary, I recommend a factory reset at this point since you are coming from a troublesome firmware previously.

Let us know how you make out.

No luck...

I followed every step to a T.. (even pressed the button to safely remove the SD card, who does that... Lol)

The lights start flashing immediately however the box never comes off the 'Android' home screen. Tried different intervals with regard to releasing the reset button.

SD card formatted to fat32 a couple times....

No luck...

I followed every step to a T.. (even pressed the button to safely remove the SD card, who does that... Lol)

The lights start flashing immediately however the box never comes off the 'Android' home screen. Tried different intervals with regard to releasing the reset button.

SD card formatted to fat32 a couple times....

If the lights are flashing, hold the reset button for about 10 seconds

Then let go.

It will be a blank screen for a bit, then you will see it start to reload Android.

The whole process takes about 10 minutes.

However when you say it does not come off the Android Home screen. Can you post of pic of this?

We use this in the office all the time for the same issue that you are having, and it works about 90% of the time.

Hey bulldog. I have seen the same thing previously if the SD card is not "readied" to boot the box correctly.

If I was using Windows 7 I recall having to format the SD card in XP mode using an alternate format utility and running the uboot_MX.cmd file on the SD card in XP mode. Windows 10 seems to have resolved this problem and you can simply run the file on the SD card with working results.

If this doesn't work, I'd recommend a warranty replacement or, if out of warranty, the serial recovery method is another option. Let's leave that as a last resort though.

Please let us know how you make out.

DV

Hey,

Oddly enough, I am using Windows 7 on this beat up old computer..... Huh. I don't quite understand your instructions though... I'm gonna take the SD card to work tomorrow with me and will format the card again. Then I will follow the instructions in setting up the card at work and bring it home. Will see what happens tomorrow night...

Thanks for the guidance. Will post results...

sorry for slow update.

the box is officially bricked and has been returned to its original owner. i tried every possible solution that was offered to no avail.. i know there was another possible solution which if i read correct, involved cracking the box open. thats not my thing......lol

i do want to thank you folks for all your support. if i have any issues in the future, its nice to know there is help out there....

sorry for slow update.

the box is officially bricked and has been returned to its original owner. i tried every possible solution that was offered to no avail.. i know there was another possible solution which if i read correct, involved cracking the box open. thats not my thing......lol

i do want to thank you folks for all your support. if i have any issues in the future, its nice to know there is help out there....

Sorry to hear you were not able to get the box working.

If you need help with anything else, just make a post so we can help

Hi All,

Sorry for not making a new thread, but this issue seems on par with my current issue... Been trying to fix this damn box for the better part of 2 days.. Currently 03:40.... Non of the links I found (even one from Justin just a few months back) worked, much to my keyboards distaste..

(I'm an IT Pro with plenty years of Professional experience, and have repaired soft issues using Adb aswell as rooted / used custom ROMS on plenty phones,tabs over the years, so this is not new to me, but I am a glass 1/2 full man...)

ATV582 ; MyGica Android FW 4.2 (where issue started) , now on 4.4 ; the issue of a boot loop persists through FW upgrade, leading me to believe the bootloader / files required to boot to Os are corrupt.

EDIT: Got the Fw with the correct files (although it was missing dd.exe & the batch file you need to run on the Sdcard, had some errors / spelling issues in the 'code') . Unit showed the Android logo as if it was reloading,gets 90% of the wat but then it went back to the bootloop of Kitkat 4.4 before I could do another factory reset as recommended In another post.

EDIT2: Tried flashing again, and the 1st reboot got me 1 screen further, to a white background with many squares, this is an animated background. Since then it loops back & forth, SOMETIMEs getting to the white screen. The unit does not appear to physically reboot (unit LED's stay on) but the keyboard def loses power after the white screen or, after about 10 seconds on the "Android Kitkak 4.4 " screen, after which the screen goes black fro 5 seconds, while the keyboard goes off.

BTW, from what I'v seen in the forums I *think* the reason some have better luck in XP, is that the XP install is very likely x86, where as W7-W10 is x64.. I'm no ComSci major, but I think x64 OS must write something slightly diff then the x86 system. It would be interesting for someone to try with W7-W10 on x86 when they had the issue when using x64. SDformatter works to get the SD card 'ready' as it's a native x86 app by the looks of it.

I used SDformatter to format my 16GB SD card with 32kB segments. I hold in the reset button, power on the unit, wait til reaching recovery, then with a USB wired keyboard (From my knowledge the provided Ir remotes wont work as the recovery partition, doesn't have the driver for the IR receiver, is that correct? ) I wipe cche, then factory format, and install the "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.zip" from root of SDcard.

All goes well, until reboot, where it boot loops on the 'new' 4.4 logo.

When I extracted the "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img" I see

boot.img ; bootloader.img ; file_contents ; logo.img ; recovery.img & 3x folders, namely backup ; META-INF & system.

I was under the impression I should see :

sd_bak

u-boot.bin

uboot_MX.cmd

dd.exe

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

readme.txt

recovery.img

Am I not seeing the other files because this FW is a 'upgrade" and not the full FW that would be loaded @ factory level onto a otherwise blank device ?

Is there a way to rebuild / repair what I assume is the bootloader via Adb ? Or to install the contents of the image to a SD card, then clone the boot partition to the MyGica device? I'm not a Unix guru so please excuse of my terminology is incorrect .

I'v seen a number of fellow South African's with boot/brick issues in the 852 etc, did we get 3rd world budget builds or something (I'm kidding BTW :) ).

Thanx guys!

Hi All,

Sorry for not making a new thread, but this issue seems on par with my current issue... Been trying to fix this damn box for the better part of 2 days.. Currently 03:40.... Non of the links I found (even one from Justin just a few months back) worked, much to my keyboards distaste..

(I'm an IT Pro with plenty years of Professional experience, and have repaired soft issues using Adb aswell as rooted / used custom ROMS on plenty phones,tabs over the years, so this is not new to me, but I am a glass 1/2 full man...)

ATV582 ; MyGica Android FW 4.2 (where issue started) , now on 4.4 ; the issue of a boot loop persists through FW upgrade, leading me to believe the bootloader / files required to boot to Os are corrupt.

EDIT: Got the Fw with the correct files (although it was missing dd.exe & the batch file you need to run on the Sdcard, had some errors / spelling issues in the 'code') . Unit showed the Android logo as if it was reloading,gets 90% of the wat but then it went back to the bootloop of Kitkat 4.4 before I could do another factory reset as recommended In another post.

EDIT2: Tried flashing again, and the 1st reboot got me 1 screen further, to a white background with many squares, this is an animated background. Since then it loops back & forth, SOMETIMEs getting to the white screen. The unit does not appear to physically reboot (unit LED's stay on) but the keyboard def loses power after the white screen or, after about 10 seconds on the "Android Kitkak 4.4 " screen, after which the screen goes black fro 5 seconds, while the keyboard goes off.

BTW, from what I'v seen in the forums I *think* the reason some have better luck in XP, is that the XP install is very likely x86, where as W7-W10 is x64.. I'm no ComSci major, but I think x64 OS must write something slightly diff then the x86 system. It would be interesting for someone to try with W7-W10 on x86 when they had the issue when using x64. SDformatter works to get the SD card 'ready' as it's a native x86 app by the looks of it.

I used SDformatter to format my 16GB SD card with 32kB segments. I hold in the reset button, power on the unit, wait til reaching recovery, then with a USB wired keyboard (From my knowledge the provided Ir remotes wont work as the recovery partition, doesn't have the driver for the IR receiver, is that correct? ) I wipe cche, then factory format, and install the "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.zip" from root of SDcard.

All goes well, until reboot, where it boot loops on the 'new' 4.4 logo.

When I extracted the "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img" I see

boot.img ; bootloader.img ; file_contents ; logo.img ; recovery.img & 3x folders, namely backup ; META-INF & system.

I was under the impression I should see :

sd_bak

u-boot.bin

uboot_MX.cmd

dd.exe

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

readme.txt

recovery.img

Am I not seeing the other files because this FW is a 'upgrade" and not the full FW that would be loaded @ factory level onto a otherwise blank device ?

Is there a way to rebuild / repair what I assume is the bootloader via Adb ? Or to install the contents of the image to a SD card, then clone the boot partition to the MyGica device? I'm not a Unix guru so please excuse of my terminology is incorrect .

I'v seen a number of fellow South African's with boot/brick issues in the 852 etc, did we get 3rd world budget builds or something (I'm kidding BTW :) ).

Thanx guys!

You can try this

Download the ATV 582 Files from the link below

These are our factory restore files

You will need a micro sd card to use to fix it.

**RECOVERY MODE IS NOT USED WITH THESE FILES**

**YOU SIMPLY HAVE ALL OF THE FILES ON AN SD CARD, HOLD DOWN THE RESET BUTTON FOR 15-20 SECONDS, LIGHTS ON THE FRONT OF THE UNIT WILL FLASH BETWEEN GREEN AND RED. IT WILL THEN INSTALL THE FIRMWARE FILE FOR YOU FROM START TO FINISH AFTER THIS***

**WE USE ALL OF THESE FILES IN OUR OFFICE AND IT FIXES ABOUT 90% OF OUR UNITS WITH SOFTWARE ISSUES**

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit