Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prelude76

Bent USB pins in port (582)

Hi,

I'm a long time user of MyGica, have three generations of it (380, 580 and now 1900)

I got my brother to buy a MyGica this past december (a 582 model) but his kids managed to bend the pins in both USB ports, making

the unit pretty useless now.

I noticed there was no plastic tab in the USB, not sure if it came that way or if it got damaged that way. My brother insists it never had a plastic tab inside the usb port from day one.

I know it doesnt qualify for a true RMA, but is there any way I can send the unit in to have the usb ports replaced? At my cost, naturally.

Please contact me if MyGica can help, I want to get my brother back onto streaming.

Hi,

I'm a long time user of MyGica, have three generations of it (380, 580 and now 1900)

I got my brother to buy a MyGica this past december (a 582 model) but his kids managed to bend the pins in both USB ports, making

the unit pretty useless now.

I noticed there was no plastic tab in the USB, not sure if it came that way or if it got damaged that way. My brother insists it never had a plastic tab inside the usb port from day one.

I know it doesnt qualify for a true RMA, but is there any way I can send the unit in to have the usb ports replaced? At my cost, naturally.

Please contact me if MyGica can help, I want to get my brother back onto streaming.

I suggest you submit the unit for RMA

This can be done by going here

http://mygica.tv/help

As long as it is still within our 1 year warranty policy with a receipt of purchase provided

We will just replace the unit for you, since the USB ports are soldered to the main PCB board they are hard to replace this way.

So we usually will just replace the whole unit instead.