Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nelman

Speech recognition

Does anyone know why speech recognition doesn't work on the 1900ac model, only a hard boot will let me use this function. If I put the box in standby mode then start up the box I'm back to no speech recognition again.

Is this something that can be remedied through options or if Justin could chime in here is this going to be addressed through a firmware update

Nelson

Does anyone know why speech recognition doesn't work on the 1900ac model, only a hard boot will let me use this function. If I put the box in standby mode then start up the box I'm back to no speech recognition again.

Is this something that can be remedied through options or if Justin could chime in here is this going to be addressed through a firmware update

Nelson

There is a setting issue with this under the Language and Input settings for voice input

If you reset it yourself, it should work without having to reboot.

Justin

Could you be a little more specific what to change I tried toggling some English countries then rebooting but still have the same issue

Thanks

Nelson

Tried to do a factory reset now I can't get speech recognition even if I do a reboot. :|

What should my settings be to implement this please?

Thanks

Nelman

If you go to settings part of the menu

Then click on Other Setting or More setting.

You will find option for Language and Input.

If you still cannot find this, let me know and I will make a short video for you.

I got to the proper place under input and tried the three different settings there and rebooted but still can't use the microphone for speech .

Although it's not a deal breaker I would like to have what I paid for

Is there a certain setting I'm missing under the input heading

Thanks