Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daking67

Miracast

Hello I recently updated my box to the new 4.2.2 firmware and I was trying the miracast option when I try to connect my device to the box I get a popup asking to allow my device to connect to the box but I am unable to click allow even with a wireless mouse. Is there another solution for this?

Hello I recently updated my box to the new 4.2.2 firmware and I was trying the miracast option when I try to connect my device to the box I get a popup asking to allow my device to connect to the box but I am unable to click allow even with a wireless mouse. Is there another solution for this?

The remote or wireless mouse should work no problem. I use miracast all the time, and have no issues selecting allow. However I have only been using this on a 400 and 1200.

The only solution I could suggest would be to factory reset and try again.

When I tried to click allow my cursor is stuck behind the box that pops up. Maybe I am using a wrong app on my phone, which app should I be using that would be compatible with the box?

When I tried to click allow my cursor is stuck behind the box that pops up. Maybe I am using a wrong app on my phone, which app should I be using that would be compatible with the box?

Screen mirroring should be built into the settings menu for Android Phones using 4.2 or higher, so no app is needed. In fact I believe you need 4.2 or higher to be able to Miracast your device.

I wouldn't rely on Third party apps to do Miracasting, I would suggest using whats built into your Phones OS.

Sometimes different phone makers use different terms to describe Miracast, like calling it Screen Mirroring, but from the phones I have tried which are LG, HTC, Motorolla, they all had different terms in there menus for Miracast.

Blackberry devices have it built into the Wifi Settings menu on Blackberry 10.2 Devices, and they call it Miracast.