Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

austenpowers

OTA firmware version V002M801_20151201

Hi,

I loaded a new firmware shortly after the New Year, version V002M801_20151201. It was an OTA update. Why do i not see any mention of this firmware version on this forum? Was it discovered to be defective and discontinued? Anyhow, i see a newer firmware version available and a procedure to manual upgrade to this firmware, so i'll give it a go, but i'm curious about my existing firmware version.

BTW, i recently replaced my Bell modem (a new Sagemcom DSL modem), and the problems i've been having with WiFi disconnecting seem to have disappeared. So perhaps there was some problem with my old modem. But it is strange that every other device in my home was connecting without problems, except my Gica ATV582 box??

Tks,

Todd

I understood the latest f/w image was "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img", dated March 23rd (rather than Dec. 1st of last year)... i do not see an image file named "... 20151201" anywhere on this forum?

I understood the latest f/w image was "update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20160323.img", dated March 23rd (rather than Dec. 1st of last year)... i do not see an image file named "... 20151201" anywhere on this forum?

That is because

20151201 was just an OTA update sent directly to the box.