Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikefotos

MyGica 1800e Black Screen after Standy

Help!

I just picked up a Mygica 1800e and I loaded the latest build V002M801_20160323 and I also did the HDMI patch but I still cannot get a fix to stop the black screen issue i have when I put the box on Standby and then change input or power off the TV. Each time I get a black screen and the only way I can get the box working again is by doing full power reset. (unplug and reboot). Confused and lost.

HELP!

thanks,

mikefotos

Help!

I just picked up a Mygica 1800e and I loaded the latest build V002M801_20160323 and I also did the HDMI patch but I still cannot get a fix to stop the black screen issue i have when I put the box on Standby and then change input or power off the TV. Each time I get a black screen and the only way I can get the box working again is by doing full power reset. (unplug and reboot). Confused and lost.

HELP!

thanks,

mikefotos

What kind of TV are you using?

Help!

HELP!

thanks,

mikefotos

What kind of TV are you using?

I tried it on my Sharp Aquos and my Samsung. Had same issue on both. My brother also picked one up and he tried it on his Sony and has the same issue.

It sounds like it is more of a hardware issue with the device itself.

Is your unit still within our 1 year warranty?

yes I just bought it last week. How do I get warranty service?

I am in The GTA is there a drop off location?

Please go to http://mygica.tv/help to start an RMA Ticket

We have a location in Mississauga

Please go to http://mygica.tv/help to start an RMA Ticket

We have a location in Mississauga

Thx for the help/info Justin

Hello all. I too have a very similar problem. Kodi will not shut off, basically freezes when I try and, upon restarting the box, all I get is a black screen. Only way to solve is to do a full restart through quickboot. Unfortunately, I dont think I am within the warranty period so may be stuck with this problem. I dont care if I have to keep rebooting the system to get it working. Is there any concern in doing this? Are there alternate options?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all. I too have a very similar problem. Kodi will not shut off, basically freezes when I try and, upon restarting the box, all I get is a black screen. Only way to solve is to do a full restart through quickboot. Unfortunately, I dont think I am within the warranty period so may be stuck with this problem. I dont care if I have to keep rebooting the system to get it working. Is there any concern in doing this? Are there alternate options?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried factory resetting the box and then re-installing all your apps and Kodi addons etc?

Also how many addons do you have installed on KODI?

I have noticed that it takes longer to close if you have a lot of addons installed, like 100+

Hello Justin, I am having an issue with my ATV1800E.. it is connected to my marantz receiver and it is connected to my Samsung TV. Since I've had this configuration, which is about 6 months, Everytime I turn the TV and receiver on, I have to either unplug the gica or unplug the HDMI cable from the gica and plug it back in to get picture. If not, then I'll just get a "no signal" from the receiver. Any idea how to fix this?

Thx

Hello Justin, I am having an issue with my ATV1800E.. it is connected to my marantz receiver and it is connected to my Samsung TV. Since I've had this configuration, which is about 6 months, Everytime I turn the TV and receiver on, I have to either unplug the gica or unplug the HDMI cable from the gica and plug it back in to get picture. If not, then I'll just get a "no signal" from the receiver. Any idea how to fix this?

Thx

This issue seems to happen to some users on various TV's and Stereo Receivers.

I think the issue comes from the box not sending the correct HDCP key through HDMI to the TV or Stereo Receiver, this happens when coming out of Standby mode.

I am going to try and add a 3rd option to the power menu, which is Full Power Off. When used and then powered back on the device will fully reboot.

Will check with our engineers to see if this is possible.

I am having the exact same issue...I go to turn unit off and it freezes at the exit screen???

Sorry not sure what exit screen you are referring to?

I am also having the same problem as well. When I power on back from standby, I just get a black screen. I had to unplug the power and plug it back in. It does not respond at all. I only start having this issue about 2 to 3 weeks ago. I don't recall having this issue until recently. What other tricks do you have for me to fix this issue? I bought it well over 6 months and I don't know if it is still under warranty.

PS - I also have 2 updates installed, the system just said there are updates and I clicked update

I have a Sony Bravia TV.

So, I currently have my Bluetooth turned off, this I believe was the last thing that I did and start having black screen issue, probably does not hurt.... I am hoping (at least I don't need to pull the power) this will fix the problem for the time being.

I have a Sony Bravia TV.

So, I currently have my Bluetooth turned off, this I believe was the last thing that I did and start having black screen issue, probably does not hurt.... I am hoping (at least I don't need to pull the power) this will fix the problem for the time being.

I use a Sony Bravia LED TV at home without this black screen issue.

Let me know if this continues

Yes, it is still happening. However, I believe this thread mentioned about HDMI... I unplugged the HDMI and plug it back in, the box is actually alive! So, is there something that the box is not doing when coming out of STANDBY?

yes, I can confirmed that after STANDBY, when power up, screen goes black, however, the box is not dead. Unplug HDMI cable and plug it back in, everything works. How can I solve this problem?

yes, I can confirmed that after STANDBY, when power up, screen goes black, however, the box is not dead. Unplug HDMI cable and plug it back in, everything works. How can I solve this problem?

Anyone have a suggestion on solving the problem?

Anyone have a suggestion on solving the problem?

Do you get same results if you use a different HDMI cable?

Yes, it still happens with another HDMI cable.

I've been testing and playing for the last week. This is what I discovered:

1 - as I remember, this never occurred with my original firmware, this started to happen after 2 OTA updates! What the hell is in it??!!

2 - if I put unit on standby, then power up say an hour or 2 later, it is fine. the black happens "over night", cannot confirm, usually I watch next day

3 - this is interesting.... power up unit, i get the black screen, my son told me, instead of unplugh HDMI, just power unit off, then back on, lord and behold, I have picture!!!

I need a fix from you guys, I truly believe it was the OTA update! This did not happen until recently / after your OTA update, otherwise, I would of exchange for another unit.

Thank you, looking forward to your response.

Yes, it still happens with another HDMI cable.

I've been testing and playing for the last week. This is what I discovered:

1 - as I remember, this never occurred with my original firmware, this started to happen after 2 OTA updates! What the hell is in it??!!

2 - if I put unit on standby, then power up say an hour or 2 later, it is fine. the black happens "over night", cannot confirm, usually I watch next day

3 - this is interesting.... power up unit, i get the black screen, my son told me, instead of unplugh HDMI, just power unit off, then back on, lord and behold, I have picture!!!

I need a fix from you guys, I truly believe it was the OTA update! This did not happen until recently / after your OTA update, otherwise, I would of exchange for another unit.

Thank you, looking forward to your response.

This is a tough one for us to reproduce

Can you share the details of the exact TV you are using.

Will see if we can reproduce this hear based on the TV you are using.