Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abcWeir

ATV582 No Audio

I have a new ATV582, and connected it by HDMI to my Pioneer VSX 522 Receiver (and then to LG television).

I cannot get any audio, regardless of source. I have tried a second HDMI cable. I have moved it to another input in the receiver.

However, if I connect the MyGica direct to the television, I get audio (fro the TV speakers, not the receiver speakers).

All volume levels appear to be at maximum.

Any suggestions?

I have a new ATV582, and connected it by HDMI to my Pioneer VSX 522 Receiver (and then to LG television).

I cannot get any audio, regardless of source. I have tried a second HDMI cable. I have moved it to another input in the receiver.

However, if I connect the MyGica direct to the television, I get audio (fro the TV speakers, not the receiver speakers).

All volume levels appear to be at maximum.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried going into the settings menu and under advanced changing the audio setting to HDMI Passthrough?

Yes. It is set for Digital audio auto-detection, and for HDMI passthrough.

Also, when I connect the MyGica to my other receiver (a Harmon Kardon) I get audio.

Yes. It is set for Digital audio auto-detection, and for HDMI passthrough.

Also, when I connect the MyGica to my other receiver (a Harmon Kardon) I get audio.

Is your Pioneer a DTS only receiver?

No. suppports a long list of other formats, including several Dolby formats

Sorry but I am not 100% familiar with Stereo receivers.

Is there a setting to switch the audio on the receiver from 2.0 to 2.1 to 5.1 etc...??