Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnmacpherson

Flashing yellow light

MyGica 1800E - I just upgraded to a new ISP, 2 new wireless routers, new modem/router ..etc. 1800e attached via Ethernet thru a wireless router.

The problem I have is the yellow light on the front of the MyGica 1800 keeps flashing. When running, everything seems to work, but I can't reboot the device or power off. I have to unplug the Ethernet to get the system loaded. The when I plug the Ethernet in the yellow light resumes flashing.

Any Ideas??

Thx

MyGica 1800E - I just upgraded to a new ISP, 2 new wireless routers, new modem/router ..etc. 1800e attached via Ethernet thru a wireless router.

The problem I have is the yellow light on the front of the MyGica 1800 keeps flashing. When running, everything seems to work, but I can't reboot the device or power off. I have to unplug the Ethernet to get the system loaded. The when I plug the Ethernet in the yellow light resumes flashing.

Any Ideas??

Thx

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable or different port on your router?

Seems OK today, but, when I went into standby the light started blinking fast for about 2 mins then stopped. I've looked around and can't see what the yellow light means in the first place.

After all these years I'm getting paranoid I guess.

Seems OK today, but, when I went into standby the light started blinking fast for about 2 mins then stopped. I've looked around and can't see what the yellow light means in the first place.

After all these years I'm getting paranoid I guess.

The light is for the Ethernet connection

FYI - I had a bit of time today so I tested out the problem with the Flashing Yellow Net light on the front of the 1800E. I upgraded the OS to the beta version of Lollipop with no change.

Of note, the PLEX app will only run some mkv files. Most worked OK, then some of the latest displayed an error message. They would all run on the old 4.4x OS.

I then back loaded to the latest 4.4x release of Android and all was as was before, PLEX OK, but the light was still flashing very rapidly.

On Bell Fibe, so I have a Hub 2000 modem router a VIP 2500 with two VIP 2502 ARRIS receivers. Plugged into the receivers and the quick flashing still occurred. Plugged in the modem, direct, and it seemed slower but could have just been me.

Problem I have is that all seems well and good but just funny how the light flashing started with the upgrade to Fibe.

Unless you have other reports about Fibe devices, I'll call Bell Tech support and see what they have to say.

(needless to say that I swapped all the cables without and improvement)

FYI - I had a bit of time today so I tested out the problem with the Flashing Yellow Net light on the front of the 1800E. I upgraded the OS to the beta version of Lollipop with no change.

Of note, the PLEX app will only run some mkv files. Most worked OK, then some of the latest displayed an error message. They would all run on the old 4.4x OS.

I then back loaded to the latest 4.4x release of Android and all was as was before, PLEX OK, but the light was still flashing very rapidly.

On Bell Fibe, so I have a Hub 2000 modem router a VIP 2500 with two VIP 2502 ARRIS receivers. Plugged into the receivers and the quick flashing still occurred. Plugged in the modem, direct, and it seemed slower but could have just been me.

Problem I have is that all seems well and good but just funny how the light flashing started with the upgrade to Fibe.

Unless you have other reports about Fibe devices, I'll call Bell Tech support and see what they have to say.

(needless to say that I swapped all the cables without and improvement)

We use Bell Fibe in the office

When using Ethernet we have an Orange light on our 1800s, not yellow.

It blinks whenever it is transmitting data.

Sorry, maybe a little colour blind. I get the light flashing all the time with nothing running. It starts shortly after power up and keeps on blinking. I phoned Bell this AM and they checked what they could from their end and all was OK.

To me it almost looks like continuous polling. Is there any app that you could think of that would show what is happening??

Sorry, maybe a little colour blind. I get the light flashing all the time with nothing running. It starts shortly after power up and keeps on blinking. I phoned Bell this AM and they checked what they could from their end and all was OK.

To me it almost looks like continuous polling. Is there any app that you could think of that would show what is happening??

I use Ethernet at my home on an 1800e

Get the same blinking even though I am not using it.

When the box has power, it has Internet always running in the background.