Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tweakamygica

MyGica 1800 froze and crashed bindareondat FW update

I was having issues with chiming randomly and was asked if I had the latest firmware build, found the bndareondat firmware 03/23/16 upgrade and loaded/extracted it onto sdcard, backed up everything but do not know where it backs up to because I never got any message to confirm the backup even though it looked like it went through the whole process. Used upgrade to install, green android with box spinning in center so it looked good until it was 75% complete then nothing for the next 40 minutes. Being that I am unaware how long the upgrade should take it seemed like it was never going to finish. I could not cancel so eventually ended up unplugging the until. Now when I plug the device in with or without the SdCard the screen is completely blank and I do not even get to the android 4.4 kitkat screen. Would you be kind enough as to tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it in one paragraph without a lot of back and forth? Thanks

I was having issues with chiming randomly and was asked if I had the latest firmware build, found the bndareondat firmware 03/23/16 upgrade and loaded/extracted it onto sdcard, backed up everything but do not know where it backs up to because I never got any message to confirm the backup even though it looked like it went through the whole process. Used upgrade to install, green android with box spinning in center so it looked good until it was 75% complete then nothing for the next 40 minutes. Being that I am unaware how long the upgrade should take it seemed like it was never going to finish. I could not cancel so eventually ended up unplugging the until. Now when I plug the device in with or without the SdCard the screen is completely blank and I do not even get to the android 4.4 kitkat screen. Would you be kind enough as to tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it in one paragraph without a lot of back and forth? Thanks

You can try this

Download the 1800 Files from the link below

You will need an SD Card to do this

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto our website.

I keep them updated to the latest version available

http://mygica.tv/files

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

1900 is on the back of the unit

Fantastic absolute Magic on your part Justin, Thanks ever so much, thought I was in quick sand and sinking rapidly, all the way back to the Welcome Screen now and I only have one more question, I am showing Android version 4.4.2 and Build V002M801_20160223. Do we need to upgrade anything from this point or are all systems a go? Thank You Big Time, it's good to have one of the Masters on here.

Kirk

Fantastic absolute Magic on your part Justin, Thanks ever so much, thought I was in quick sand and sinking rapidly, all the way back to the Welcome Screen now and I only have one more question, I am showing Android version 4.4.2 and Build V002M801_20160223. Do we need to upgrade anything from this point or are all systems a go? Thank You Big Time, it's good to have one of the Masters on here.

Kirk

Good to hear it worked for you.

This is our latest 4.4 update for the 1800e, so therefore you do not need to take anymore updates.