Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goglu

ATV 582 -upgrade failure

Hi, I have ran into an issue while upgrading firmware 20140529 to 20140723. While support at myGica indicated to simply use the upgrade App, I ended up getting an upgrade failure message. Then myGica support suggested a hard reboot (via microSD card; as per 20140529 method). Then the problem happened; the firmware file was partially downloaded while dong the reboot ( which obviously failed). Now, I have a box that won't even turn on. I need help.

Thanks

Hi, I have ran into an issue while upgrading firmware 20140529 to 20140723. While support at myGica indicated to simply use the upgrade App, I ended up getting an upgrade failure message. Then myGica support suggested a hard reboot (via microSD card; as per 20140529 method). Then the problem happened; the firmware file was partially downloaded while dong the reboot ( which obviously failed). Now, I have a box that won't even turn on. I need help.

Thanks

If your unit will not turn on, then it sounds like it is bricked, and therefore will have to be sent in for warranty replacement.

That sucks. Where can I find the correct shipping information? Also, will the new replacement unit come already updated or will have to go thru this process once again?

That sucks. Where can I find the correct shipping information? Also, will the new replacement unit come already updated or will have to go thru this process once again?

Hi

Please email sales@mygica.ca

Let me them know when and where you purchased it from, also a sales receipt helps a lot for this process.

For warranty replacements, they always ship back the product with the most up to date firmware for that model.