Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beadro

Help! Remote controls my TV, but not in a good way

I recently purchased the ATV586 and am having an issue that is making it quite difficult to deal with. I have an RCA TV and the remote for the ATV586 controls my TV in undesirable ways. The up button brings up my settings, the back button turns my TV to channel 99, and other fun things like that.

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with this? I'd hate to have to return it to the store because of this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I recently purchased the ATV586 and am having an issue that is making it quite difficult to deal with. I have an RCA TV and the remote for the ATV586 controls my TV in undesirable ways. The up button brings up my settings, the back button turns my TV to channel 99, and other fun things like that.

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with this? I'd hate to have to return it to the store because of this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RCA TV's and our IR Remote codes conflict with each other.

Sorry about this, but this can only be fixed by using a USB style remote.

2 follow up questions.

1) Does this problem still exist on the newer boxes such as the 1900 series?

2) Would you recommend the MyGica KR-301 remote to fix this problem? Or is there another one that you prefer?

Thank you for the quick reply, have a great day.

2 follow up questions.

1) Does this problem still exist on the newer boxes such as the 1900 series?

2) Would you recommend the MyGica KR-301 remote to fix this problem? Or is there another one that you prefer?

Thank you for the quick reply, have a great day.

1. All of our Quad Core Models use the exact same IR Remote codes.

So yes this would be affected on a 1900 as well.

I can see maybe if we have Basic Android Firmware using a different remote code, but please note it will not be MyGica Firmware

2. KR-301 would fix this problem, since it is a USB style remote. This is one of my favorite remotes as well.

I ended up purchasing the KR-301 remote. Problem is now gone and the new remote is a huge improvement! The air mouse feature and the keyboard on the back make this remote so much better to use.

Also it doesn't control my TV =P

I ended up purchasing the KR-301 remote. Problem is now gone and the new remote is a huge improvement! The air mouse feature and the keyboard on the back make this remote so much better to use.

Also it doesn't control my TV =P

Ok good to hear

Let me know if you need help with anything else

Thanks