Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oceanid

miracast

I have the Mygica ATV 582, TP-Link TD-W8961N router and a PC running Windows 10. As the 582 are not really able to play h265 files I want to try and play the h265 files from my PC with miracast using the Wi-Fi router to communicate with the 582. My PC is connected to the router via a network cable.

I tried using the Miracast program that comes preloaded on the 582, but without being able to establish a connection with my Win 10 PC. The 582 is able to link to the internet via the router.

I’m not going to buy a dedicated dongle to miracast as I have already bought the 582 player; then I could have skipped the 582 and only have bought the miracast dongle. I’m already very upset that I have wasted money on the Mygica that are not able to play any more formats than my 5 year old ASUS O!Play Mini.

I have looked on the internet for instructions to get the miracast working as stated in the above scenario, but couldn’t really find any useful information; just how wonderfull miracast is without any details of making it function without a dedicated dongle.

Is it at all possible to do a miracast with my available infrastructure and can anybody provide me with detailed instructions.