Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vikirs

ATV1800E Bricked after trying manual update

So i've had this ATV1800E less than 12hours and ive already bricked it seems. Purchased from a reseller and arrived today in the post.

Working great except i've been screwing around with this remote (viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4911) and in the process i updated to the 5.1 firmware from Justin's thread. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4563

Which went fine, except it didnt help with the remote issue i was working on, and the sounds stopped in some movies, and at one point the screen became distorted after watching a few movies that i thought it would be best to roll back the firmware.

I figured i would use the guide from

XC Techs.

Turned off the device

Held in the Reset/Upgrade button and connected the power............... and nothing happened, no logo nothing. As soon as i plugged in the power the tv changed to a 720p signal and it stay black. And the light on the device stays green, no flashing, no red nothing. Solid green. I've tried several times more and i get no response from it.

Black green after trying to get to the recovery screen.

Has anyone else decided that 5.1 isnt for them and tried to roll back the firmware, such as using the recovery screen. I dont know if i'd be able to use a USB in recovery mode but that what i was going to look at but never got there.

I've got no Sdcard so idk if i can try some of the restore methods people have posted about.

Is there another way to boot to recovery mode such as this "pin method" or does the ATV1800E even have that option?