Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick

Is my brand new ATV1800 bricked?

I just got my new 1800 and thought I'd update the firmware by clicking the manual update in the setup screen. I thought it would find the file on the internet and just update since there is an auto updater as well. When I did this it quickly went to recovery page. It lists a few errors at the bottom of the screen but at the top it asks to reset as the first choice and a few other options below that. But it seems my remote controller has no function now and I can't scroll down or select any of the choices. I watched the video on hard reset which I thought I could do, but again, in the video he can scroll down and select with his remote. Is there another way of scrolling or button combination that would allow me to scroll. I also thought I could download a package similar to ATV400 where it's a software update instead of a firmware update that would take me back to the beginning maybe similar to the utube video about software updating. But I don't see a package recovery or update for the 1800 or 582. That method seems to skip by using the remote control and auto updates. Would a package similar to the 400 for software fix my problem? Right now I'm stuck at the recovery page and can't seem to reset the box. Thank you for your assistance.

Rick, try using a USB keyboard and / or mouse in the recovery screen .

On the recovery screen it also helps to clear the cache and reset all of the information on the device.

Remember to load the firmware in succession.

On the latest OTA firmware its better to change to location of the download to external SD card and not the internal cache.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Dlangejc, Yes, plugging in a usb keyboard allowed me to maneuver through the choices. I had to update the firmware from the recovery screen instead of going through the OS. I'm glad it worked, thank you.