Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

froggyone

new 582 freezing screen problem

new 582 arrived and proceeded to set up.....unit will freeze occasionally and go to a blank screen and have bars going accross the screen left to right (not up and down) and the only way to get it out of this once it starts is to unplug it and replug it in........There are at least 3 bars accross screen when it does this and the adio makes a terrible sound like the sound of electrical arcing..........In and case I got it set up and working other than this occasional problem........The 582 has the latest file allready installed when I got it and not the earlier software.....Any idea what causes this occasional screen blanking and audio problem or is perhaps a faulty unit? thanks in advance for any help with this problem.....I have 4 other 582 units all with the older software all working flawlessly so am not sure weather to upgrade them or leave them as is for the tome being after seeing the above problem.

new 582 arrived and proceeded to set up.....unit will freeze occasionally and go to a blank screen and have bars going accross the screen left to right (not up and down) and the only way to get it out of this once it starts is to unplug it and replug it in........There are at least 3 bars accross screen when it does this and the adio makes a terrible sound like the sound of electrical arcing..........In and case I got it set up and working other than this occasional problem........The 582 has the latest file allready installed when I got it and not the earlier software.....Any idea what causes this occasional screen blanking and audio problem or is perhaps a faulty unit? thanks in advance for any help with this problem.....I have 4 other 582 units all with the older software all working flawlessly so am not sure weather to upgrade them or leave them as is for the tome being after seeing the above problem.

Can you try a different HDMI cable.

If this does not work, then your unit sounds faulty, and would need to be replaced under warranty.