Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barnesy

5.1 Surround

Does anyone know how I can get 5.1 surround from the ATV582? I have it connected HDMI to my TV then Optical from TV to Receiver. I'm trying to watch a movie from my server using XBMC. It plays fine but only 2.0 surround(the movie is 5.1 DTS).

I've looked everywhere and made changes in XBMC but can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

Actually its partially fixed. I checked a few movies that are DTS and it only outputs 2.0. If the audio is AC3 I get 5.1. My receiver is DTS capable and I never had problems running XBMC with 5.1 surround on the pivos box that just runs XBMC alone. I noticed the settings are different with this version of XBMC vs the standalone version.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Actually its partially fixed. I checked a few movies that are DTS and it only outputs 2.0. If the audio is AC3 I get 5.1. My receiver is DTS capable and I never had problems running XBMC with 5.1 surround on the pivos box that just runs XBMC alone. I noticed the settings are different with this version of XBMC vs the standalone version.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

When you are watching a movie with DTS in XBMC, pause it and go to the sound settings, you can change the sound to support the audio you want.

XBMC can software decode DTS and DD.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean. I have tried what you said but I don't know where I'm looking. I've checked the main audio settings in XBMC as well as the audio settings when I bring up the screen(by press OK on the remote).

The main XBMC settings are set to 5.1 and the audio settings for the movie says 5.1 DTS.

It only outputs 2.0 using the ATV582 but it outputs 5.1 DTS if I use my PIVOS box.

I'm assuming if it works for the PIVOS is should work for the ATV582 correct?

Thanks for the help!

I did enable passthrough(which I stated above). I can get 5.1 when it is not DTS. When the file is DTS it only outputs 2.0.

If I take the same file and play using XBMC on my PIVOS box it outputs 5.1 no problem.

Either this box doesn't support DTS or I am missing something.

Thanks!

I have fixed the issue!!

I turned on 'Advanced Settings' which gives me more options for sound.

After doing that, under 'Audio Settings' there is a settings to enable DTS capable receiver. Once that is turned on I have 5.1 output.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!

The advanced settings is kind of hidden. It was just luck that I hit down 1 too many times to highlight it to know it can be changed.

Hi all ATV582 and ATV1800e owners,

I'd like to ask you few things about 582/1800e models:

- can it passtrough (bitstream) DTS Master Audio/Dolby TrueHD to receiver,

- can it play Youtube 1080p smooth from youtube android app?

- can it play mkv high bitrate movies (approx. 35GB files) smooth with sound and video not running out od sync

I bought ATV1200 and I'm little bit disappointed. I'm thinking to exchange ATV1200 to ATV1800e/ATV582 or even Mede8er MED600X3D

Please help and advice.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

finger.