Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgcruzing

gapps on BETA FILE Android 4.2 1080P Kernel For ATV 1200

Understand why there is not google apps preloaded as

1: its a Chinese made box and rom

2: the need to keep the internal storage clear of unwanted apps due to its lox storage specs..

But....

Why isn't there a gapps seperate paskage floating round like most Roms that are flashable?

XBMC for me is not to much of problem due to the shifting of the database and thumbs out to the Synology NAS so this alone is saving me more then 5gig in artwork and config files..

The other thing to is the apps2sd... I have seen a few Roms that have this ability and know we can use directory bind but wouldn't the Mygica\Genitech engineering team make this a standard feature so that the benefit is used due to the low memory specs?

I need to chase up finless Roms and see if he has ported all the 4.2 goodies into his yet...

But also as a note check the XBMC thread as there is a new Kodi.apk been coded for the firetv that is working well on the ATV1200.

Thanks in advance for your answer on a flashable gapps package..

If you had that this this beta rom would be perfect.

Yes, it would be nice to have flashable gapps to put it on device. I have tried vanilla gapps (for 4.2.2.) and for the cyagenomod but I didnt succed.

I have problem with powering off the device. When i put device to power off, device froze and I must disconnect the power cable. Anyone else have this problem?

Is anyone still using the 1080p beta room?

I just saw it today.... (1 year late KKK)

In the first tests it seams to be OK.

Pretty slow in the kodi 4.1 menus but the movie seems to play fine. Well... After a fast forward I need to pause in order to avoid dropping frames....

Note: I'm using the kodi 14.1 downloaded from kodi.tv.... I would like to have the customized MyGica version to try it too....

Is there any way to set the kodi buffers higher?

I really would like to keep the 1080p firmware....

The image quality is really, REALLY better in my 3d projector.... (Epson 3020)

Additionally, I'm having a misalignment interface and subtitles drawing in "top and bottom" 3D mode. This was not happening in the newest firmware also with kodi 4.1. Could it be related with the firmware? Or the non customized version of the 14.1 could be the issue?

Does anyone tested and concluded which is the best xbmc or kodi version with the 1080p firmware?

Cheers!

Ricardo Jr