Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skidds

close all open apps

sorry if this is a stupid question - I am just got my ATV 582 last week.

Is there a way to close All open apps?

On my android phone I hold the home button and I am then able to close all open apps - is there something like this on the Mygica device?

sorry if this is a stupid question - I am just got my ATV 582 last week.

Is there a way to close All open apps?

On my android phone I hold the home button and I am then able to close all open apps - is there something like this on the Mygica device?

Hi

There is an app called Advanced Task Kill Manager, which is pre installed, you can use this to kill all open apps.

Or if you are using a mouse, you can turn on the status bar in the display settings, it is set to hiding the status bar right now, but just turn it off, and the bottom tablet menu bar will appear, which will give you the option close apps similar way to a phone/tablet, however an external mouse is needed for this.

Please note this status bar does not go away when using XBMC, however will be fixed in our next update.

Yes that is the same problem I am having right now. Thatt status bar will not minamize when imon XBMC and even XBMC wont ccompansate for it either so it actually covers the bottom of the screen. However if you hide that status bar and want to close open apps the only way I found would be to hit both ALT & TAB at the same time.But that just brings up all the open apps and you can select witch one you want to open again. However thats all you can do.If you say have 5 open apps you can only select 1 to use, witch is fine.Its like a shot cut but if you want close any of these apps you can not. At least I havent found a way to do so yet threw the key board or mouse. So ALT & TAB will bbring up all open apps and you can select one you want to open and use again, but as for closing any of them I dont know. Is theiir a way to close these apps having the status bar hidden?

OhI forgot to say with my last msg. I too also have a ATV 582 quad core Gica Box that I just got last week. I find it way better then the dual core however the dual core remote came with the button for the apps that are open.Why didn't they put that simple little button on the ATV582 remote. ??

Yes that is the same problem I am having right now. Thatt status bar will not minamize when imon XBMC and even XBMC wont ccompansate for it either so it actually covers the bottom of the screen. However if you hide that status bar and want to close open apps the only way I found would be to hit both ALT & TAB at the same time.But that just brings up all the open apps and you can select witch one you want to open again. However thats all you can do.If you say have 5 open apps you can only select 1 to use, witch is fine.Its like a shot cut but if you want close any of these apps you can not. At least I havent found a way to do so yet threw the key board or mouse. So ALT & TAB will bbring up all open apps and you can select one you want to open and use again, but as for closing any of them I dont know. Is theiir a way to close these apps having the status bar hidden?

We have fixed the status bar issue within XBMC.

Will be available in our next firmware update.

OhI forgot to say with my last msg. I too also have a ATV 582 quad core Gica Box that I just got last week. I find it way better then the dual core however the dual core remote came with the button for the apps that are open.Why didn't they put that simple little button on the ATV582 remote. ??

I am re designing a new IR remote, to be available in late fall, will be a full featured remote control. Should be included with our 2015 Editions of the ATV 1800E and 582, as well as the new ATV 585 (S805 Box) which should hit the market around christmas, or early new year.

-Play, Pause, FFWD, REW buttons

-Page up and Page Down

-App Shortcuts

- App button for apps that are open as well

As well as many other options.

I am designing this remote as a full media player and IPTV remote control. And are also looking into making it a Back Lit remote, so it will light up when using it in the dark.