Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skidds

upgrade does not see file

I have tried several times to update grade my ATV 582 to the last update. The uboot file worked fine, but the upgrade app does not see the update file.

I tried downloading several times and using 3 different micro SD cards (all have the same problem) When I go into the upgrade app and click local update there is nothing listed.

in the Settings / About device I have the following:

Uboot version

315fa2(20140718.155435)

Kernel version 3.10.33

louj@ubt124d375761-7c0b756-dirty(20140616.120903)

Build number

v001m801_20140704 test-keys

Any idea how I can get this box upgraded?

I have tried several times to update grade my ATV 582 to the last update. The uboot file worked fine, but the upgrade app does not see the update file.

I tried downloading several times and using 3 different micro SD cards (all have the same problem) When I go into the upgrade app and click local update there is nothing listed.

in the Settings / About device I have the following:

Uboot version

315fa2(20140718.155435)

Kernel version 3.10.33

louj@ubt124d375761-7c0b756-dirty(20140616.120903)

Build number

v001m801_20140704 test-keys

Any idea how I can get this box upgraded?

Try the reset button and loading it through the recovery screen.

Just make sure you have the sd card inserted before you go into recovery mode using the reset button

Should have no problem loading the file this way.

Thanks for the reply justin

I assume applying the update via recovery mode will remove everything from the device.

My wife will KILL me if all her apps are gone and need to be reinstalled and configured.

When you go to the 'local update' option, press the 'menu' button on the remote 7 or 8 times, and both update files will appear. I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true.

which image file do i select? boot or bootloader?

Are you able to take a picture of the files you are seeing within the Upgrade app, and posting it up on here?