Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teeger

ATV1800e vs. ATV1800

I'm confused. I just noticed that there are two versions of the ATV1800 -- one model is boxed as the ATV1800 -- and the other is labelled the ATV1800e. Are these different models? If so, what differences are there between the two offerings. I'm assuming one is older than the other -- but which one???

Does the letter "e" in the model name mean anything pertaining to feature set or spec?

Thanks.

Teeger

I'm confused. I just noticed that there are two versions of the ATV1800 -- one model is boxed as the ATV1800 -- and the other is labelled the ATV1800e. Are these different models? If so, what differences are there between the two offerings. I'm assuming one is older than the other -- but which one???

Does the letter "e" in the model name mean anything pertaining to feature set or spec?

Thanks.

Teeger

Here are the differences

ATV 1800

Chipset - S802 (No Dolby Hardware support through HDMI\)

RAM: 1GB

Flash Memory: 8GB

ATV 1800E

Chipset - S802-B (Dolby Hardware support through HDMI)

RAM: 2GB

Flash Memory: 16GB

In North America, we only imported the ATV 1800E

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply regarding the 1800 with and without "e" being part of the model number.

What is weird is I bought my unit at a Toronto area dealer that only shows on-line model number 1800e -- so I expected it to be the 1800e. When I got home and paid more attention to the packaging, I noticed the box stated it was the ATV1800 -- while looking at the product on-line, dealers show the box as the 1800e.

Even though mine indicates that it is only the ATV1800, the specs on the box indicate the folowing --- suggesting the specs closer to the "e" version:

CPU - ARM Cortex A9 Quad Core

GPU - nMali-450 Octo-Core

RAM: 2GB DDR3

Wifi: Built-in 802.11n

Can you telll me if this unit is truly the 1800 or 1800e? If this helps, the UPC code on the box is 7 9357392624 1.

Do you know if this unit I have has the Dolby suppot on the unit? And do these units offer dual band wifi support?

Thanks!

Teeger

@Agassiz, there is no SOC device that will ofer your GIgabit support that cost wise will make sense to purchase, it requires a controller on board the SOC.

As for 2 GB ram the Mygica ATV1800E has it installed. DDR 3.

Thanks for the reply regarding the 1800 with and without "e" being part of the model number.

What is weird is I bought my unit at a Toronto area dealer that only shows on-line model number 1800e -- so I expected it to be the 1800e. When I got home and paid more attention to the packaging, I noticed the box stated it was the ATV1800 -- while looking at the product on-line, dealers show the box as the 1800e.

Even though mine indicates that it is only the ATV1800, the specs on the box indicate the folowing --- suggesting the specs closer to the "e" version:

CPU - ARM Cortex A9 Quad Core

GPU - nMali-450 Octo-Core

RAM: 2GB DDR3

Wifi: Built-in 802.11n

Can you telll me if this unit is truly the 1800 or 1800e? If this helps, the UPC code on the box is 7 9357392624 1.

Do you know if this unit I have has the Dolby suppot on the unit? And do these units offer dual band wifi support?

Thanks!

Teeger

Hi

You def have an 1800E. I know the packaging states 1800, however this was a mistake made by the factory on this shipment we brought in. Will be fixed on all future shipments/

The specs listed on your giftbox are which come with your unit, and yes Dolby Support Through HDMI is included as well, since we are using the S802-B chipset.

and also still no Gigabit Ethernet Port.

all i want is

>2GB Ram AND Gigabit Ethernet

no such product available - is there?

The upcoming S805 and S812 chipsets from AMLogic will support gigabit ethernet.

The current S802 chipsets do not support gigabit ethernet.

True, S805 , S812 devices are beginning to surface, but you will not get the after sales support that Mygica / Geniatech offers. Early adopters of the 805 and 812 devices always have issues, best to wait it out until Mygica offers it as the build has always been awesome.

True, S805 , S812 devices are beginning to surface, but you will not get the after sales support that Mygica / Geniatech offers. Early adopters of the 805 and 812 devices always have issues, best to wait it out until Mygica offers it as the build has always been awesome.

Our ATV 585 which is S805 Chipset should be released this year. Do not have a date on the S812 box yet

But for those looking for a sneak peak on our S812 -ATV 1810 and S805-ATV 585 Boxes can watch this video.

Please note not all specs mentioned in this video will match the Mygica models that are being sold. This is a Geniatech video, which is the maker of the Mygica brand, however they are displaying what they are introducing to the market as a manufacturer.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LXpjzSXZEc8

I have the same issue as Dlangejc ... my ATV 1800 just arrived today in the mail... sent from shop.ca....

but the setup is all 1800e while the box states 1800....

I have the same issue as Dlangejc ... my ATV 1800 just arrived today in the mail... sent from shop.ca....

If you ordered it from shop.ca

Then it is an ATV 1800E it was just a misprint on the gift box, the specs of the device are for the ATV 1800E, which are 16GB internal memory and 2GB Ram.

If you ordered it from shop.ca

Then it is an ATV 1800E it was just a misprint on the gift box, the specs of the device are for the ATV 1800E, which are 16GB internal memory and 2GB Ram.