Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrX4000

Back to Boot Screen?

OR long story short. I just purchased this new box as my 520E unit died on Monday :( ... now a weird thing keeps happening everytime I switch inputs on my TV. When I come back to the 582 unit the screen in Black, I have to push the right arrow on the remote to bring up the picture. However the picture is the mainscreen of the unit and not the XBMC screen that I left it on. I am trying to populate all the programs etc so I'd actually like to use the TV for other things during this long process. I already tried a new HDMI cable ... no difference. Any ideas?

OR long story short. I just purchased this new box as my 520E unit died on Monday :( ... now a weird thing keeps happening everytime I switch inputs on my TV. When I come back to the 582 unit the screen in Black, I have to push the right arrow on the remote to bring up the picture. However the picture is the mainscreen of the unit and not the XBMC screen that I left it on. I am trying to populate all the programs etc so I'd actually like to use the TV for other things during this long process. I already tried a new HDMI cable ... no difference. Any ideas?

Yes this is something we will have fixed in our next firmware update, as we are upgrading to XBMC 13.2, and are removing the MBOX screensaver logo as well.

Sorry about this.

May I ask what it is that takes so long to populate to have to switch inputs? Are you uploading your Media Files from your PC into your XBMC Library?

OK thanks ... I was alittle concerned it was an issue with the new box lol.

I have a Freenas machine with ( let's just say lot's ) of TV shows etc. They all need to have meta data etc found ( it's already there just the new setup has to verify ).

A quick side note, I noticed the XBMC is not a standard release. Can I ask what has been added or removed?

OK thanks ... I was alittle concerned it was an issue with the new box lol.

I have a Freenas machine with ( let's just say lot's ) of TV shows etc. They all need to have meta data etc found ( it's already there just the new setup has to verify ).

A quick side note, I noticed the XBMC is not a standard release. Can I ask what has been added or removed?

Ok makes sense

This version of XBMC has 4K/2K Video Codec support, that is the main difference.

OK thanks ... so I am just waiting on an updated firmware version correct? I read on this forum someone got an 08/01 version ... So it will need to be something after that date right?

OK thanks ... so I am just waiting on an updated firmware version correct? I read on this forum someone got an 08/01 version ... So it will need to be something after that date right?

Yes it will be dated after 08/01

We send all updates now directly to your box as OTA updates, right over the internet.

Please make sure to backup your add ons and user data folders in XBMC, as this next update will overwrite everything. But this should be our final release of XBMC 13.2, until Kodi 14.0 becomes official. So any future updates after our next one should not overwrite XBMC.

Should I keep this a running thread or post a new one regarding another issue which I'm sure is already known.

It's about the " My Apps" area being blank .. although I have seen it populated twice ... I'd sure like to use some of them lol

Should I keep this a running thread or post a new one regarding another issue which I'm sure is already known.

It's about the " My Apps" area being blank .. although I have seen it populated twice ... I'd sure like to use some of them lol

Sorry first time I am hearing of this issue?

Can you maybe try a factory reset, to see if this helps

I use a 582 and a 1800 everyday, and have not encountered this before. And first time I am getting this complaint.

OK I must have had an older version than I thought. I just received the 08/01 version last night. The short cuts and " My Apps" area seem to be working now. I'm still testing the screen saver issue. I lost alot of configuration into XBMC last night. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. So far so good

OK I must have had an older version than I thought. I just received the 08/01 version last night. The short cuts and " My Apps" area seem to be working now. I'm still testing the screen saver issue. I lost alot of configuration into XBMC last night. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. So far so good

The screen saver issue will be taken away in our next update.

From all my reading on this forum so far. There is a lot of " hope " in this next firmware update ;) What kind of ETA can we expect? Are updates usually monthly? Or just released as they are completed?

Thanks for your help so far

From all my reading on this forum so far. There is a lot of " hope " in this next firmware update ;) What kind of ETA can we expect? Are updates usually monthly? Or just released as they are completed?

Thanks for your help so far

We are looking to have a new update once a month.

Looking at within the next 1-2 weeks for the 582/1800E firmware update

I will post all the release notes (IE: Fixes and Changes) before it is sent down as an OTA UPDATE.....

Perfect Thanks, Is there a way to get just the firmware and not the XBMC update? As it takes a lot of work to get it the way we like it ... and sometimes an update really isn't necessary.

Thanks for all the help so far

Perfect Thanks, Is there a way to get just the firmware and not the XBMC update? As it takes a lot of work to get it the way we like it ... and sometimes an update really isn't necessary.

Thanks for all the help so far

Sorry but we do not do this.

Please note, our next firmware update will have our version of XBMC 13.2, and this should be our final release of 13.2 till KODI 14.0 becomes official.

So any new firmware updates after this next one, will not overwrite your xbmc settings, add ons etc... Till we upgrade to KODI 14.0