Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bfb

display settings lost when switching HDMI source

Hello,

If I switch HDMI sources or turn off my tv while the 582 is on I will lose my display settings which is a real pain in the arseas indefaults to a 580p resolution (yuck).

If I put the unit into standby before changing sources or if I reboot the settings are retained.

I am on the 0801 firmware.

Any clues on how to retain the settings?

Many thanks

Hello,

If I switch HDMI sources or turn off my tv while the 582 is on I will lose my display settings which is a real pain in the arseas indefaults to a 580p resolution (yuck).

If I put the unit into standby before changing sources or if I reboot the settings are retained.

I am on the 0801 firmware.

Any clues on how to retain the settings?

Many thanks

Have you tried switching off Auto Detect mode in the display settings of the menu. And setting it to 1080P@60HZ? Or which ever resolution setting your TV supports?

This should fix your problem.

thanks for your reply,

Have you tried switching off Auto Detect mode in the display settings of the menu.

yes the settings are set to "off" so this is not the issue. I can't put my finger on the issue and 1 time out of ten the settings are retained.

thanks for your reply,
Have you tried switching off Auto Detect mode in the display settings of the menu.

yes the settings are set to "off" so this is not the issue. I can't put my finger on the issue and 1 time out of ten the settings are retained.

Ok i have forwarded this thread to engineers.

However they are on Fall Holiday till Thurs, so cannot get a response for you till at least friday.

Sorry about this.

But will see what they say to resolve this

Thanks

thanks Justin

I did some more checking and it looks like it is related to the 582 going into stand-by mode when shifting beteen sources or turning the TV off. When the unit comes out of stand-by (by pushing the red button) the MBOX logo appears but it does set the proper display resolution and it is detecting the TV default.

Normally I would not expect the 582 to go into standby mode if I was swithcing sources or shutting off my TV.

thanks again for your support

thanks Justin

I did some more checking and it looks like it is related to the 582 going into stand-by mode when shifting beteen sources or turning the TV off. When the unit comes out of stand-by (by pushing the red button) the MBOX logo appears but it does set the proper display resolution and it is detecting the TV default.

Normally I would not expect the 582 to go into standby mode if I was swithcing sources or shutting off my TV.

thanks again for your support

Ok thanks for the feedback.

I have taken note of your findings, and will try to have the unit not go into standby mode. As this is bothersome to me as well, since I also switch HDMI inputs on my TV setup at home.

Hi Guys

Same problem here, before the most recent OTA update I had resolution issues in Netflix. Fixed them by turning auto detect HDMI off and I was good. After the update my box goes into standby when the TV is off (MBOX screen on boot) and always puts the resolution back to HDMI auto detect causing the unusable resolution in Netflix. The only fix is to reboot every time I go to use my 582? Any help would be great appreciate it!

And keep up the great work on a great product.

Shawn