Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tarabostes

Easier procedure to bring the box up to date?

I have got 4 boxes set up so far. All of them would not boot the 1st time when I powered them on and I always had to start again from scratch with the June firmware containing all the files to be flashed. If I would leave the boxes on, after a while I would see some sort of unusable Recovery (718) compaining it can't mount anything. To me this shows the boxes were updated to the July 23 firmware before they were shipped but something went wrong. Need SNs, QCs, etc? I can provide that.

Is there a way to release a newer/latest version of the firmware so I won't have to go through the process of flashing a box 5 times with different files?

I set up a box and it worked fine for 3 days then it froze in XBMC once. Pressing any buttons on the remote would not help so i had to pull the power wire. It never booted up again after and it shows the same signs like when I 1st booted up all boxes the 1st time. Is there a fix for this beside reflashign everything again? Thanks

I have got 4 boxes set up so far. All of them would not boot the 1st time when I powered them on and I always had to start again from scratch with the June firmware containing all the files to be flashed. If I would leave the boxes on, after a while I would see some sort of unusable Recovery (718) compaining it can't mount anything. To me this shows the boxes were updated to the July 23 firmware before they were shipped but something went wrong. Need SNs, QCs, etc? I can provide that.

Is there a way to release a newer/latest version of the firmware so I won't have to go through the process of flashing a box 5 times with different files?

I set up a box and it worked fine for 3 days then it froze in XBMC once. Pressing any buttons on the remote would not help so i had to pull the power wire. It never booted up again after and it shows the same signs like when I 1st booted up all boxes the 1st time. Is there a fix for this beside reflashign everything again? Thanks

Send me a PM. I will help you through there

Or you can email me at support@mygica.ca

Thanks

Send me a PM. I will help you through there

Or you can email me at support@mygica.ca

Thanks

Actually as long you have installed these 2 files onto your box. (LINKS ARE BELOW)

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1591

After that you can then upgrade your firmware with the latest files

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1710

Once you get to the 07/23 firmware, your box will now take "OVER THE AIR UPDATES" directly to the box, if connected to the internet

Our latest firmware on "Over the Air" is dated 08/01, it should be available to download right now, once you have successfully loaded both files I gave you links for above.

Hope this helps

If you run into any problems, then just post them on here

Thanks

Justin

Not really sure why you are having to load 5 files. Since all of our new batches which we imported at the end of July, and from now on will only come with either the 07/23 firmware or the latest one available at the time of manufacturing after the 07/23 firmware file. We now send out OTA updates for our Quad Core models.

Our first version of the ATV 582 which we brought in, near the middle of May has needed a lot of firmware upgrades since then, however we are now at a stable Android ROM, so therefore we do not forsee anymore major updates unless it is an OS upgrade.

If you did not buy your product from one of our North American Resellers, then I am not sure which version of product they are importing/selling

I got all boxes from a Canadian reseller. For all boxes the recovery shows the date 20140718 so I assumed the boxes were already updated.

When leaving the box on, after 5-10 minutes it would load what appears to be a Recovery (see attached photo).

In that menu, no keys would work (USB keyboard or remote), to reboot, wipe cache, etc.

If none of the boxes booted up the 1st time how was I supposed to fix this issue? With reset button pressed or not.

What do the bottom messages mean on that screen, is the box corrupted? What was the proper way to try and fix that situation?

I was mentioning the 5 steps of flashing I did to bring the boxes back:

1. Flash the 140608 firmware as it is the most complete. No other posted firmware files would bring the box back to boot. Once this firmware would be installed I would then follow the other steps I read on the forum here:

2. Flash 140614

3. Flash kernel update

4. Flash Uboot

5. Flash 140723

and of course the 140801

Is there any hope for having a Recovery where I can do a full backup?

BTW: The links you posted don't work (I guess you guys are making changes in the firmware download section?)

error.jpg.d5dacc14c0d2ab7eb0a4058027909744.jpg

I got all boxes from a Canadian reseller. For all boxes the recovery shows the date 20140718 so I assumed the boxes were already updated.

When leaving the box on, after 5-10 minutes it would load what appears to be a Recovery (see attached photo).

In that menu, no keys would work (USB keyboard or remote), to reboot, wipe cache, etc.

If none of the boxes booted up the 1st time how was I supposed to fix this issue? With reset button pressed or not.

What do the bottom messages mean on that screen, is the box corrupted? What was the proper way to try and fix that situation?

I was mentioning the 5 steps of flashing I did to bring the boxes back:

1. Flash the 140608 firmware as it is the most complete. No other posted firmware files would bring the box back to boot. Once this firmware would be installed I would then follow the other steps I read on the forum here:

2. Flash 140614

3. Flash kernel update

4. Flash Uboot

5. Flash 140723

and of course the 140801

Is there any hope for having a Recovery where I can do a full backup?

BTW: The links you posted don't work (I guess you guys are making changes in the firmware download section?)

I fixed the links in my post... Sorry about that.

The recovery screen remote issues will be fixed in our update next week, as it will only detect the KR34 remote, which comes with our Dual Core models. This file should be sent down sometime next week, I will make an announcement so everyone can look out for it.

Can you let me know the serial # of just one of your units. The serial number will determine which batch of units the 582's came from and will help me help you better.

As this is very strange as to why you are having to load 5 files, you only need to have this firmware, viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1591

and then load this one viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1710 .

There is no need to load the kernel update as its built into the 07/23 firmware, and the 08/01 update will be able to be loaded as a OTA update.

Thanks, can you please confirm receiving the SN at support(at)mygica.ca

I can't seem to be able to send PMs.

Any chance in the future for a CWM/TWRP, etc recovery. I think it would be an amazing idea. I see some but for other brand name boxes.

Thanks, can you please confirm receiving the SN at support(at)mygica.ca

I can't seem to be able to send PMs.

Any chance in the future for a CWM/TWRP, etc recovery. I think it would be an amazing idea. I see some but for other brand name boxes.

Sorry but I have not gotten an email from you

Please send again

support@mygica.ca

Thanks