Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wallerjs

Status of new Update ??

Hi, I wanted to get a status of the latest update. Been about 45 days since the last update, and the problems with the box returning from standby is starting to get a bit irritating eg. MBOX Logo, XBMC has to be restarted (meaning that my XBMC Backups don't run), screen image magnified and off centre.

I appreciate all you guys do, and we went through a number of updates quickly, and while the system appears way more stable, but these issues have been around for a bit.

Thanks

John

Hi, I wanted to get a status of the latest update. Been about 45 days since the last update, and the problems with the box returning from standby is starting to get a bit irritating eg. MBOX Logo, XBMC has to be restarted (meaning that my XBMC Backups don't run), screen image magnified and off centre.

I appreciate all you guys do, and we went through a number of updates quickly, and while the system appears way more stable, but these issues have been around for a bit.

Thanks

John

I have approved an update to be sent as a OTA update this week.

Will solve the issues that you are having.

Hey Justin. Just wondering about this upcoming firmware update. Will the update wipe content within XBMC or will this one leave it untouched? Thanks!

Will leave it untouched, however a factory reset will be needed in order for XBMC 13.2 to be installed. We did this, due to XBMC always being written over, since we have been making changes to XBMC a lot. But now 13.2 will be our final release for XBMC 13.2 until KODI 14 becomes official.

Hi Justin - I noticed there are online retailers selling the ATV 1800 with Kodi installed? At least that's how they are advertising it.

If so is there a stable version and can it not be applied to the ATV582?

Further to the update scheduled for this week will this be similar to last one developed specifically for the MyGica box?

Thanks

Hi Justin - I noticed there are online retailers selling the ATV 1800 with Kodi installed? At least that's how they are advertising it.

If so is there a stable version and can it not be applied to the ATV582?

Further to the update scheduled for this week will this be similar to last one developed specifically for the MyGica box?

Thanks

They are just using the name KODI in there description for search engine purposes.

Since XBMC is currently in the transition of changing there name to KODI officially.

The only versions of KODI I have seen are the beta releases and nightly releases on XBMC.ORG

And yes update should be sent this week, I will make list of changes and post them as an announcement on our forum.

Kodi Alpha works fine on this box, best is to wait for MyGica XBMC edition.

This is true, however you will probably get "Incompatible" on a lot of add ons when trying to use KODI

I guess for now it would work best as just a Local Home Network Media Player.