Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stoonwg

ATV582 Vertical Stretching of 2.35:1 Video

I was just wondering if anyone has issues with vertical stretching of 2.35:1 video in XBMC. Rather than having horizontal black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, the video stretches to 16:9 full screen and distorts the image. For example, everything such as faces are stretched and elongated vertically.

I have tried playing with the zoom/display settings in the OSM, but nothing really seems to help. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm running the latest firmware upgrade (07/24) with Gotham 13.1. I have the MBOX settings set HDMI Auto-Detect Off and set to 720P/60Hz which is native to my TV.

I noticed that in XMBC settings, the default is set to 1080P and is greyed out; I can't change the settings to 720P.

That is not the latest version of the firmware.

There was an update pushed over the internet dating 0801. Try that one and see if it makes a difference.

Pay attention, the update will wipe out your settings.

Normally, if you have your updates set to automatically, you should have been notified already I would say (of course if you have the ATV connected to the internet). If you changed the setting to manual, please check for updates.

Thanks tarabostes. I applied the 0801 update and everything seems to be working as it should. I thought i had updates set to Automatic, but it was in manual mode.

The only other thing that I have noticed on some streams is the presence of horizontal scan lines during motion sequences. Is there a setting that can address this issue?

I'm fairly new to this so any and all help is appreciated. Thanks again!

I believe it is vertical tearing of the video not interlacing as these streams are not recorded from TV sources. I have played around with the Vertical Blank Sync settings a bit, but am still experiencing the tearing (tried "Always Enabled", "Enabled during video playback", and "Disabled", but nothing seems to help). The Vertical Blank Sync is supposed to eliminate tearing.