Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mia

OTA Firmware upgrade on the ATV 1800e

Hi Justin,Thank you for all the feedback and tips on the new 1800e.

I have the latest uboot {20140718} and kernel {20140718} on my box.

I guess it is compile on 20140724.

It does not upgrade to the new firmware release {201409xx} and it is set for OTA upgrade.

Is this firmware an offical release for the 1800e and did you try OTA upgrade from version 20140724 ?

thank you.

Hi Justin,Thank you for all the feedback and tips on the new 1800e.

I have the latest uboot {20140718} and kernel {20140718} on my box.

I guess it is compile on 20140724.

It does not upgrade to the new firmware release {201409xx} and it is set for OTA upgrade.

Is this firmware an offical release for the 1800e and did you try OTA upgrade from version 20140724 ?

thank you.

20140906 FIRMWARE is supposed to available for OTA, however it isn't yet

Waiting to hear back from china to see when its planned to be sent out, because they told me it was supposed to be sent down as OTA on Saturday.

Hello Justin,Thank you once more for the quick reply.Last evening my box was upgraded successfully via OTA.

The uboot version is {20140905} and the built # is 20140916.

However,I notice that the Kernel is the same {20140721} and XBMC is 13.1 compiled in June 2014.

I thought XBMC MyGica 13.2 is in this release.

I saw some concern about memory.

On mine,it reported a storage of 14.07G not 16G and memory of 1.646G not 2G as per Data sheet.

Is this a firmware issue?

Thank you for you support.

Hello Justin,Thank you once more for the quick reply.Last evening my box was upgraded successfully via OTA.

The uboot version is {20140905} and the built # is 20140916.

However,I notice that the Kernel is the same {20140721} and XBMC is 13.1 compiled in June 2014.

I thought XBMC MyGica 13.2 is in this release.

I saw some concern about memory.

On mine,it reported a storage of 14.07G not 16G and memory of 1.646G not 2G as per Data sheet.

Is this a firmware issue?

Thank you for you support.

Hi

As stated in the release notes on my announcement, XBMC 13.2 will only install if you factory reset. We have decided to stop overwriting XBMC with any of our new updates, due to lots of feedback from customers and our dealers on this.

And the Kernel version date is still the same, as this is the date of the Android ROM that our firmware is built on now.

As for your internal storage, please note that all of the pre installed apps, and the Android OS can take up anywhere from 1.5GB to 2GB on its own, same idea as when you purchase a brand new PC and have only 440GB free out of 500GB of storage that your hard drive has.

And the RAM still needs a small amount to operate the unit, even if your not exactly running anything, this is the Android OS taking up that small amount of RAM.

Thanks Justin,

I will read your instruction on upgrading XBMC to 13.2.

For the factory reset,there is a reset switch at the back of the unit and under

settings you can also reset to factory settings.

Can I used either methods?

The observations regarding {Storage/Memory} was for information purposes only.

It's always the case that the OS/Apps will used some memory/Storage,

but reading what is install in the HW was the objective.

Thank you.

Thanks Justin,

I will read your instruction on upgrading XBMC to 13.2.

For the factory reset,there is a reset switch at the back of the unit and under

settings you can also reset to factory settings.

Can I used either methods?

The observations regarding {Storage/Memory} was for information purposes only.

It's always the case that the OS/Apps will used some memory/Storage,

but reading what is install in the HW was the objective.

Thank you.

Yes you can use either method

Justin,

I'm not sure I understand why you have to factory reset to install xbmc13.2.

Can you not just copy data files to USB, uninstall XBMC from Android, then install from APK file you are making available?

If i'm missing something please post here so that I know what the procedure is.

BTW: thanks so much for addressing all of these issues. Mygica support is second to none.

Oh also, does this mean there will not be a screen saver anylonger when in netflix?

Thanks,

Andrew

You need to factory reset as this clears the cache on the device. It's worth it on the latest OTA update as most add ons are installed for you automatically.

Have inquired with China why lots of you are not able to get the 09/16 firmware for an OTA update

Will let everyone know once I hear back from them, however it is there weekend over there right now, so will push for a response asap.

I attempted to perform the upgrade and I'm faced with the attached screen. I can enter any selections. How do I perform a reset when nothing on the remote will alter the selection

I am still NOT able to use my remote. I was faced with the black screen that Warior posted. I was able to download from the MyGica site the file "update_uboot_stvm8_20140718.img and also "update_Mygica_ATV582_20140906.zip". Using a Logitech laser mouse, plugged into the usb port I was able to select "Apply Update from EXT" starting with "IMG" file. That appeared to install correctly. Then I used the same interface "Apply Update from EXT" to install the ZIP file. Then the unit started to boot into Andriod 4.4 and to the "MyGica Seeing is believing" splash screen. The unit freezes at that point. I am not able to use the remote or the mouse to effect any changes or move the boot process further. Any assistance would be appreciated. BTW the unit is just a week old.

I was able to press the reset button for 10 seconds while holding the "power on" button on the back of the unit next to the HDMI socket. This gave me the Android recovery screen. I then selected "Apply Update from EXT" of the image file and the unit booted up successfully.

Hopefully when the new update arrives it will not blow away the system again.