Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tensor

Recovery Screen

Hi everyone,

looking for some help here.

I received the message for the new firmware update a few days ago, but declined to update it as I wanted to backup my XBMC prior to updating. I have been using the box for the past 3-4 days and hadn't been prompted for the update. So I went into settings and changed the update from Automatic to Manual. Upon doing so the box resetted and is going into the Android system recovery screen.

I have not yet downloaded the the new update to an SD card. Is there anyway to get out of the Recovery screen without adding the firmware to an SD card? Is there anyway to get back to factory settings? I have tried a few different options here but am unable to get anything other than the Recovery screen.

thanks for your help

Hi everyone,

looking for some help here.

I received the message for the new firmware update a few days ago, but declined to update it as I wanted to backup my XBMC prior to updating. I have been using the box for the past 3-4 days and hadn't been prompted for the update. So I went into settings and changed the update from Automatic to Manual. Upon doing so the box resetted and is going into the Android system recovery screen.

I have not yet downloaded the the new update to an SD card. Is there anyway to get out of the Recovery screen without adding the firmware to an SD card? Is there anyway to get back to factory settings? I have tried a few different options here but am unable to get anything other than the Recovery screen.

thanks for your help

I have encountered this problem with some units that have come back

You must reload the SPI file and Firmware file using an SD card while in recovery mode.

Then it will boot back into the main menu and re install of the apps etc. And will be like as if you just bought it.

You can download the 09/06 firmware files from here.

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

You will download a zip file. Which will have a PDF with the download links

This will work as I have done to this over 5 units so far without fail.

Thanks Justin.

I tired this, and the box got past the Recovery screen, however it seemed to "freeze" at the white MyGica screen.

I notice that one of the files to download is a zip file. Am I supposed to copy the entire zip file to the SD card, or should I open the zip file and copy its contents to the SD card?

UPDATE:

Ok, I read around the forums and was able to update the box with the 582 FIRMWARE UPDATE 06/13.

Am I now able to download the newest version of the firmware via WiFi?

Another UPDATE:

Ok, I now have the box to exactly where I had it prior to attempting the newest update.

I have not been prompted for the newest update yet. Is there any way to get the prompt to update the firmware OTA? Or do I wait until I receive the prompt?

UPDATE:

Ok, I read around the forums and was able to update the box with the 582 FIRMWARE UPDATE 06/13.

Am I now able to download the newest version of the firmware via WiFi?

You cannot get OTA updates with the firmware that you have installed.

All OTA updates are done as long as you have this firmware installed first

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1710

You must update to the firmware given above, so you can take new OTA updates.