Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Pie_in_the_Sky

ATV582 issues (Remote, Shutdown/Standby, Network Indicator

ATV582 issues (Remote, Shutdown/Standby, Network Indicator

Hi

Recently bought a ATV 582. I went through all the updates (successfully) and am currently running the latest firmware (0925) and apps (incl. Netflix and Gotham 13.2). It now seems like I can't turn the thing off.

Remote

This remote is enough to turn any normal human into a raving lunatic. The following are regular occurances:

- Clicks not registering (extremely annoying)

- When holding down the "down" arrow, then XBMC launches regardless of what you are doing

- No play/pause forward rewind option that work with apps (Netflix, TuneIn, etc.)

- Play/pause button does not work in XBMC. It only activates the menu that you need to scroll through with the directional buttons. Forward/Rewind seems to work though.

- Don't know why there are alphanumeric numbers on the remote. Only the numbers work and not the letters.

Shutdown/Standby

When I turn off the box with the remote, the blue indicator stays on and all peripherals (connected via USB) also remain on. The box does not seem to be able to shutdown. If I hold in the red power button, I only have the option for Standby and Reboot. Standby does not seem to shut down peripherals attached to the USB.

Finaly, Network indicator

Is there supposed to be a LED indicator here when/if connected to a wireless network? I have never seen it if there is.

I would really appreciate any help I can get w.r.t. the above.

Hello. Yes this remote is abysmal, although it is a big improvement upon the atv520's remote. While it is better behaved since the removal of the Mbix screensaver, it still does not reliably go into or come out of standby using the power button on the remote. I find it hard to believe that this kind of basic thing isn't operating correctly yet, but hopefully with further firmwares it will be fixed finally!

The APK android app for a phone, posted here viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1978 is quite good apparently, and might make you have to use the remote less, which is a good thing.

There is an LED for network activity, which blinks for my ethernet connection, and I assume would blink for wifi activity as well. There is no dedicated one indicating a connection to a wifi network AFAIK.

Thx Saddie. The XBMC app for my iphone is doing a great job, but I can't get an app to remote the box itself (e.g. Netflix). Just ordered a keyboard/air mouse that should hopefully resolve the issue for me (hold thumbs).

Ineresting that my network indicator does not work, however the box seems to be functioning alright now.

If the unit is still under warranty I would honestly take it back. I had an older unit and the lights didn't work almost from the get go. But the unit kept functioning like it should ( minus the lights ) It died before the 1 year was up. However I have since lost any receipt.

Just my 2 cents

Okay, after the latest update, this little dream machine is going like a boeing. Loving it. Still unsure whether to install the black screen final patch, but will leave it until I have problems.

Now to make it work in idiot mode so my parents can also use it.

Okay, after the latest update, this little dream machine is going like a boeing. Loving it. Still unsure whether to install the black screen final patch, but will leave it until I have problems.

Now to make it work in idiot mode so my parents can also use it.

Good to hear.

Dont use the patch files.

I plan to release new firmware file within a week. Will fix those issues to.