Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roccodadamo

How To Use Autostart

I've read where you can have the ATV520E autostart into XBMC which is really all I want to do with this box (for now). I searched in the playstore and there are several autostart apps. Can anybody reccomend one that worked for them? Is it easy to revert back to the normal startup?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

eventually if you are interest in use XMBC only (as i do), on app store there's an app called XMBC LAUNCHER.

This is available in the Play Store?

I am trying to do this with Plex. I installed the "Autostart no root" app suggested, and see Plex start, but I still end up at the home screen. Is there a way to get Plex to start on bootup and stay up. I am setting this up for my parents and only want them to see Plex - nothing else, but am having a heck of a time getting this to work as desired.

I tried 2 or 3 of these launchers and and I can't get the box to just turn on and off when I use them. I think it goes to standby first or something. In any case this doesn't work well with my Harmony remote. What I do is just leave the My Gica on all the time with XBMC running. I set my source and turn the TV off and on like normal and it seems to work fine. It's pretty difficult to turn XBMC off accidentally. Not sure with Plex. The My Gica seems pretty stable. It's been on for about 3 weeks without any lockups.

I am having issues playing videos with Plex (as posted in the forum), but I solved my autostart issue. I added a delay to the start in "Autostart no root" and I end up booting into Plex.

Now to fix my video play issue.

I use the Harmony too, and as roccodadamo i leaves the mygica on all the time and poweroff the tv and the amplifier.

If you press poweroff in XBMC the mygica doesn't go directly in stanby but open the standby menu, and when you press again power-on for wake up from standby it doesn't understand because it is never went in standby and xbmc stop responding.

For fix this think it's necessary that MyGica works on a customized xbmc version with a direct-to-standby function.

Would be best to just close XBMC before you go into Standby

I am not sure if a direct to standby function within XBMC would be possible

Autostart no root has an option in the configuration page that takes you back to the launcher afterstarting the requested app. Uncheck this option and I find that it will stop going back to the launcher. I also use this to launch the plex app - Plex works quite well with these boxes.