Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kurtz

no dolby digital output to reciever

I am trying to get the atv1800e to output dolby digital or DTS audio to a Denon reciever through Hdmi. I have also tried the optical output and cannot get it to work. I have triedseveral settings with no luck. I know the hdmi cable is fine as i replaced a roku that output DD and DTS to the reciever no problem.

It wont output Dolby Digital at all. I have tried playing a file from a thumb drive, streaming from PC using plex media server and streaming in XBMC. All the settings seem to be in the launcher menu including DTS audio selection but still no output. I was told that this unit , Enjoy ATV1800 is exactly the same as the Mygica 1800e. It has the same specs on the box. Not sure if this is the problem or not.

That unit is not the same as the 1800e. I know that your 1800 only has 1 gig of ram and smaller SD memory but I don't know if the chip set is any different. I assume you have set-up passthrough settings in Gotham 13.2 already. Once passthrough is configured then just make sure your HT is setup correctly. If it still doesn't work then your problem might be the hardware.

Sorry I don't have any hard answers for you. Good luck.

XBMC will software Decode DTS and DD, as long as you set it up in the settings of XBMC this way.

If you bought an early version of the ATV 1800 then it only came with the S802 chipset, which does not hardware decode Dolby through HDMI, we never sold these in North America, we only sold the ATV 1800E which comes with the S802-B chipset which will hardware decode Dolby.

Just a heads up.

XBMC 12 supports DTS-MA

XBMC 13 does not.

On my pc I downgraded to 12 because of this.

Thanks for the tip about this.

Hopefully they add DTS-MA back to the release of 14.0 Kodi