Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saddie

xbmc 13.1 crashing

Hey all. So I have just updated by box to the latest OTA (the September one) and it worked fine. I did NOT do a hard reset, because I didn't want to lose my settings. Thus I am running XBMC v 13.1 Mygical edition. XBMC has worked great for some time after I updated the FW, but now it is starting to crash. I select the icon, and 4 out of 5 times it loads the splash screen and then just kicks back to the desktop. Every once in a while it will load up xbmc which will run fine at that point.

I have the debug log but haven't pasted it anywhere yet, as I'm considering updating to 13.2 just to see if it'll help. 2 Questions:

1 - Is there a standalone XBMC v13.2 APK file I can download and install, to save me the headache of restoring everything?

2 - Should I just go ahead and download and install the vanilla XBMC 13.2 APK off of xbmc.org? And if so, which version are people using? Obviously the one for ARM chips, but anyone have any links?

Your opinions are appreciated!

Thanks everyone

saddie

Canada, eh?

Shoot, for question #1 there, I meant to say is there a standalone *Mygica* version of XBMC 13.2 APK that I can download from somewhere?

Well, I decided to download and install the ARM version of XBMC v13.2, downloaded off of xbmc.org. Same issue shown. Here is my debug log for those interested:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=327381

I see a few warnings... I'm wondering if it's related to HW decoding.

Thank you to the community here for any insights!

It would be a lot better if you shared your log at http://forum.xbmc.org/

As the Mod's there would be able to help best with the XBMC Log that you just posted up.

Have you tried to do a Factory Reset to see if that fixes everything?

Hi Justin. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset because I've got it customized pretty well to my liking, but that might be the next step. And yes I have posted it to xbmc.org. For those of you having the same issues, here is the thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=207200

That thread as you can see is suggesting that I update to the latest nightlies, which I am hesitant to do because I generally don't want to run beta software. I'll start with a factory reset and report back.

I don't suppose there is a standalone APK for the mygica XBMC?

Well I installed the latest nightly from xbmc.org and with limited testing the problem did indeed seem to go away. But then my addons and skin aren't compatible with XBMC v14, so I ended up doing a factory reset of my atv582, which reinstalled v13 and it seems to be back to normal now.

Thanks again

Ok good to know the factory reset fixed the issues that you are having

Let us know if you encounter any other problems.