Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groovycharger

ATV582 Stuck on Reboot

Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me.

After rebooting my unit, the system is stuck on the initial screen that shows the Android KitKat logo.

I've tried to unplug the unit and a hard reboot, but it just won't budge from that particular screen.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Wondering if you can help me.

After rebooting my unit, the system is stuck on the initial screen that shows the Android KitKat logo.

I've tried to unplug the unit and a hard reboot, but it just won't budge from that particular screen.

Thanks in advance.

If you download these 2 files here

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1710

You can load them using the reset button on your box, which will take you into the recovery screen of Android. Just transfer the 2 files onto an SD card or USB Storage device. So you are able to load them onto your ATV 582.

I have encountered this problem on some warranty unit which have come back, and this is how I was able to fix the same problem that you are having.

Hi Justin

Got into the recovery screen and tried to update the unit, but I get a series of error messages.

Failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)

Bad boot loader arguments

(Null)

Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

And when I try to update from ext. I get these messages.

E: failed to mount mount / cache (invalid argument.

E: failed to set up expected mounts for installation; aborting

installation aborted.

Any ideas how I can fix the unit?

Hi Justin

Got into the recovery screen and tried to update the unit, but I get a series of error messages.

Failed to mount /cache (invalid argument)

Bad boot loader arguments

(Null)

Can't mount /cache/recovery/command

And when I try to update from ext. I get these messages.

E: failed to mount mount / cache (invalid argument.

E: failed to set up expected mounts for installation; aborting

installation aborted.

Any ideas how I can fix the unit?

Make sure your SD card or USB storage device that you have the files on, are formatted to FAT32, then transfer the firmware files to either of these devices.

Doing the updates in the recovery screen should now work no problem once you do this.

Hi Justin,

I've attempted to install the update numerous times, but every time I do it, I get an error message saying the installation has been aborted.

I've formatted multiple usb and sdcards as you instructed, but always the same result.

Is there anything else that I can try?

Thanks,

Phil