Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cstewart09

Unable to play purchased Google Play movies

I am loving our MyGica. The only problem we have run into is the inability to play the movies we've purchased on Google Play. We've tried all the suggestions under troubleshooting and even tried playing them on YouTube under purchases. In both it just keeps trying to load and then says there was a problem playing the movie. Everything else is working great though.

Thanks in advance!

Purchased them previously. I can purchase things on it through the same google account, I can visually see the movies we have purchased in a list, but when I try to play them, it just keeps saying "Loading" then it says "Unable to play" or something to that extent.

We are having the same problem with our new ATV1200: movies/TV shows purchased from the Google Play store, through the MyGica device will NOT play. A solution from anyone would be great!

Sadly, I received an email reply from MyGica Support. Their devices are NOT Google Certified devices; so, they are not able to play movies and/or TV shows purchased through Google Play. You can purchase/download games from Google Play, via the MyGica, just not movies and/or TV. This was a 'deal breaker' for us...as we had been informed, during a live support chat (prior to purchasing our MyGica ATV1200) that we could in fact watch Google Play store TV show purchases...so we have returned our device and gone with Apple TV instead, as we can purchase movies and TV shows through iTunes very reliably.