Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adri76

Miracast not working anymore

Hi, I did an online update last night, and now miracast is not working anymore.

When I click the miracast button under settings, it just takes me back to the home screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, I did an online update last night, and now miracast is not working anymore.

When I click the miracast button under settings, it just takes me back to the home screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

They removed the Miracast app from this current update. That is why it is not working, since the settings menu only opens up the Miracast app, but since one is not installed then it cannot open anything.

I will get them to add it back to our next firmware update.

I would appreciate that.

It worked very well.

Is there a way for me to use it in the meanwhile, until the next update?

Look for any Miracast apps within the Play Store or the Aptoide Store

I extracted the miracast apk from the firmware that came installed on my atv582 and was able to install it on the OTA upgrade that removed miracast from my box.

I haven't had a chance to try with 11/05 yet, but I did notice that it is still not back in the image.

Any update on why it was removed, or getting it back in the official image?

Tried last night. The miracast apk installs fine, and sort of works. It took me about a dozen attempts before my BB Z30 would find the 582 and connect, but once it connected it worked fine.

I find it haphazard as well. Maybe that's why they took it out, but I like it better than nothing and am glad it works on the newer firmwares.

Ya we removed it because it wasn't working properly. Found that out over the weekend

Should be added back in the next firmware update

I would leave it as a download, but a bit unfair advertising that it's available and it's not....

Been told will be added and working on our next update. Please note Samsung and some Sony devices will not work, since they require a HDCP Handshake key for Miracasting.

Will just leave it as a download for now.