Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARK IN TORONTO

Can This Box Be Un-Geo Blocked?

Really big sports basketball and football fan in Toronto Canada - bought the atv1800e a few months ago. Installed unblock-us on the internet browser, yet still can't access USTV, USTVNOW, Dixie, IStream - add ons that can get me US network programming.

Tips on accessing these Add ons from Toronto would help - still very happy with my product. Thanks.

When I access most addons - espn, Istream, etc - I get playback failed dialogue box -"One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details". Whats "the log file"? Tx

This type of error message generally means that whatever you are trying to watch, is no longer available to watch from the server it is being hosted on.

Justin - do you get the same message as I do with most of the add-ons that I mentioned above? Tx.

I do not use any of those add ons.

Just know what the message you are getting means

Hi

just arrive in this Mygigca. I think I have bricked my ATV520 and hope someone may be able to help me. I cannot reboot the box using the reset button. Nothing happens at all. I have installed, resinstalled this box several times but first time this has happened.

I have a weak red light on when the power is on. NOTHING happens otherwise !!

Any tips, help or solutions are very welcome.

IP

sorry for not replying earlier. Private Internet Access is a subscription service. With it you get an account that you can VPN to a number of different servers and make your IP look like it's coming from that geo location.

There is a Google play app you can download on the the MyGica device that will set up the VPN connection for you. If you select a US server you will appear as if you have a US IP and be allowed to view content from the US which is geoblocked in Canada. This works vice versa and for other locations like the UK.

I use the Food Network and DIY Network add-ons in XBMC to view US content but can only see it if I have the PIA VPN connected via a US server, as I am located in Canada. It should do the same for and internet browsing. I hope that helps.

Sounds preety good

Do you mind sharing the app that you are using from the Play Store for a VPN?

Hi

just arrive in this Mygigca. I think I have bricked my ATV520 and hope someone may be able to help me. I cannot reboot the box using the reset button. Nothing happens at all. I have installed, resinstalled this box several times but first time this has happened.

I have a weak red light on when the power is on. NOTHING happens otherwise !!

Any tips, help or solutions are very welcome.

IP

Do you get a picture on the screen at all?

Or just a red light only on the front of the box?

Hi Kasmca, sorry about late reply. yes I tried several different ways to get life into box with no luck. I tried to upgrade and it just turned my box off. Still now movement on the little red light. tried with SD card, boot card, USB, and so on...no luck at all. ( above : I meant TRIED to flash/reinstall software but no luck

Hi Kasmca, sorry about late reply. yes I tried several different ways to get life into box with no luck. I tried to upgrade and it just turned my box off. Still now movement on the little red light. tried with SD card, boot card, USB, and so on...no luck at all. ( above : I meant TRIED to flash/reinstall software but no luck

Sounds like your unit is bricked. Would suggest getting it replaced under warranty or from the seller you purchased it from.