Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bentplus

No Sound

I have connected the 1800e to a hdmi cable. Video works, but can not get any sound. I have tried all of the combinations in the settings advance, but no luck. Any suggestions

I have connected the 1800e to a hdmi cable. Video works, but can not get any sound. I have tried all of the combinations in the settings advance, but no luck. Any suggestions

Your connecting this directly to your TV?

I have tried a couple of hdmi cables. I know that they both work, as they do with my wd tv live. Would you tell me what the correct set up should be. I have changed them so many times, I do not know what is correct anymore.

Ben

Set the box back to factory defaults. Then checked with Youtube. The audio worked. Tried my own files again and did not work. After some digging found a few that worked. So it's the codex.

works with MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

not working with A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)

not working with DTS Audio (dts)

I guess I need the codex?

Set the box back to factory defaults. Then checked with Youtube. The audio worked. Tried my own files again and did not work. After some digging found a few that worked. So it's the codex.

works with MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

not working with A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)

not working with DTS Audio (dts)

I guess I need the codex?

XBMC will decode DTS.

Our box will only hardware decode AAC/Dolby Audio through the HDMI. Which means that any Video Player that you use for Dolby Audio, it will work.

As per here http://kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supported_formats

XBMC Will decode all of these Audio Formats

Audio formats: MIDI, AIFF, WAV/WAVE, AIFF, MP2, MP3, AAC, AACplus (AAC+), Vorbis, AC3, DTS, ALAC, AMR, FLAC, Monkey's Audio (APE), RealAudio, SHN, WavPack, MPC/Musepack/Mpeg+, Shorten, Speex, WMA, IT, S3M, MOD (Amiga Module), XM, NSF (NES Sound Format), SPC (SNES), GYM (Genesis), SID (Commodore 64), Adlib, YM (Atari ST), ADPCM (Nintendo GameCube), and CDDA.

For DTS you will need to turn on this setting with the Expert Sound Settings of XBMC.