Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srba

Complete newbie with a lot of questions...

Hi,

just got ATV 1800e and already having a lot of issues. I used XBMC under windows and I know what I am doing there, but installing xbmc apps under Android seems to be a problem. I am downloading repositories normally, then going to install each file from zip file, it seems fine and when going to install app (like Genesis for example), it downloads to 70% (for one of apps it came to 97%) and it stops there. When I go back to System->Settings, it says it is currently downloading (it stays message like that and as I got impatient, after 5 minutes, I did cancel the download). I tried with other apps and same thing happened only with different percentage value. On windows it would literally fly over it (within second or two). At the end none of apps I could install. What I am missing here?

Another tricky part I found to be remote? I think on you tube videos people are them as a computer mouse (I think it is called air...something) and in case of my remote I literally have to press buttons around OK button to move pointer and when come to point on screen, where I want to be then press OK. Is there way (maybe some button) I have to press to make my MyGica remote control fly on screen (as mentioned like computer mouse on screen)?

Thanks.

Hi,

just got ATV 1800e and already having a lot of issues. I used XBMC under windows and I know what I am doing there, but installing xbmc apps under Android seems to be a problem. I am downloading repositories normally, then going to install each file from zip file, it seems fine and when going to install app (like Genesis for example), it downloads to 70% (for one of apps it came to 97%) and it stops there. When I go back to System->Settings, it says it is currently downloading (it stays message like that and as I got impatient, after 5 minutes, I did cancel the download). I tried with other apps and same thing happened only with different percentage value. On windows it would literally fly over it (within second or two). At the end none of apps I could install. What I am missing here?

Another tricky part I found to be remote? I think on you tube videos people are them as a computer mouse (I think it is called air...something) and in case of my remote I literally have to press buttons around OK button to move pointer and when come to point on screen, where I want to be then press OK. Is there way (maybe some button) I have to press to make my MyGica remote control fly on screen (as mentioned like computer mouse on screen)?

Thanks.

Have you tried our latest 1800E update?

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2163

It has XBMC 13.2 which is much better and more stable then 13.1

A lot of times add ons might not download because there servers are overloaded, I get this myself. I just try again later and this usually works almost everytime

As for Air mouse, the IR Remote control that comes with your box, does not have this feature. You can either use a USB mouse from your computer on the box, or purchase an external Air Mouse/Keyboard remote to get the Air Mouse features.