Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wallerjs

Upgrade Problems

Hey Guys, hoping you can help.

I ran into problems with the latest update where it didn't take and the box wouldn't boot, so I went back to the beginning and applied all the updates to try again.

1. 06/13 firmware update - reset button to apply

2. 06/17 firmware update - android update app

3. 06/26 firmware update - android update app

4. 07/24 Uboot and firmware update - android update app for both files

After each step the box was working and applications installed.

I then tried to do the OTA update (think it was 08/01) and I don't think it took properly as the versions still appear to be old.

UBOOT - 20140521

KERNEL - 20140721

BUILD - 20140723

The uboot file looks dated, but I did update it

I seem to be stuck and unable to get the 0801 update to apply so I can get the latest 11/01 file

Can anyone suggest anything.. Also, is there a base image I can use (assume I would use the reset button to apply) to start from that is more recent than the 06/13 firmware. I seem to recall you need to go through all the different versions.

Thanks

John

Hey Guys, hoping you can help.

I ran into problems with the latest update where it didn't take and the box wouldn't boot, so I went back to the beginning and applied all the updates to try again.

1. 06/13 firmware update - reset button to apply

2. 06/17 firmware update - android update app

3. 06/26 firmware update - android update app

4. 07/24 Uboot and firmware update - android update app for both files

After each step the box was working and applications installed.

I then tried to do the OTA update (think it was 08/01) and I don't think it took properly as the versions still appear to be old.

UBOOT - 20140521

KERNEL - 20140721

BUILD - 20140723

The uboot file looks dated, but I did update it

I seem to be stuck and unable to get the 0801 update to apply so I can get the latest 11/01 file

Can anyone suggest anything.. Also, is there a base image I can use (assume I would use the reset button to apply) to start from that is more recent than the 06/13 firmware. I seem to recall you need to go through all the different versions.

Thanks

John

Your UBoot version looks very dated.

You can find the Uboot file and 07/24 firmware file by going here

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=1956

Once you have these installed, you can then jump to the 11-05 update right away.

Also, there is a reset button on the bottom of the unit. You can use this, to get into the Android Recovery Screen, which will also allow you to update firmware files onto your box.

Thanks. I did install the uboot ( through android upgrade app ) update but it doesn't seem to load it into the box. ( i went through entire cycle twice ). Any reason it wouldnt take it ?

Re reset alternative approach to get to recovery screen is that the pull power/press hod reset button approach ?

Thanks. I did install the uboot ( through android upgrade app ) update but it doesn't seem to load it into the box. ( i went through entire cycle twice ). Any reason it wouldnt take it ?

Re reset alternative approach to get to recovery screen is that the pull power/press hod reset button approach ?

To get to the recovery screen would require the reset button and plugging in the power while holding it.

When did you purchase your unit, and where did you purchase it?

As we never released the 1800E to our dealers with a previous version of the 07/24 firmware.

Hi, its a 582 purchased on Amazon.ca from mygica direct canada back in June.

I'll try the recovery screen again and let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help.

John

Hi Justin, I've tried to load on the uboot firmware by the upgrade app, it's definitely not taking... It says it will reboot and it does, but it doesn't go through a loading sequence and it just comes back to the regular myGICA home screen.

I've done this in past with no issues, but for some reason this time it's not working...

I also tried to get to the recovery screen, but even after holding reset with power out and re-insrted the cord, it just goes black screen.. (with either an SD card inserted or not)... I know I'm doing it correct as I was able to load the original 0603 update using the reset/power cord in process.

Help !

Hi Justin, I've tried to load on the uboot firmware by the upgrade app, it's definitely not taking... It says it will reboot and it does, but it doesn't go through a loading sequence and it just comes back to the regular myGICA home screen.

I've done this in past with no issues, but for some reason this time it's not working...

I also tried to get to the recovery screen, but even after holding reset with power out and re-insrted the cord, it just goes black screen.. (with either an SD card inserted or not)... I know I'm doing it correct as I was able to load the original 0603 update using the reset/power cord in process.

Help !

When you say you have done this in the past, was it on this unit?

Because once you go to 07/24 you cannot go back to the previous firmware.

Hi, yes... its the same box...

What do you suggest ?

I'm stuck

Thanks for your help.

Well have you ever upgraded to the 07-24 update before? And then decided to go back to previous firmware? And now you have these issues

sorry if I wasn't clear before.. I ran into problems with applying the latest update (11/01) and the box wouldn't boot and so I went back to the beginning with the 0603 update.

sorry if I wasn't clear before.. I ran into problems with applying the latest update (11/01) and the box wouldn't boot and so I went back to the beginning with the 0603 update.

That is the issue, you cant go back before the 07/24 firmware. There are drastic differences in those 2 firmware builds

Now I think you might have messed up your box.

Thanks Justin and Team... I was lucky and lived not to far from the Retail Store, and they took the unit tryed a few things on the spot and then gave a replacement unit. Great Customer Service.... Thanks !