Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willits

ATV1200 stopped booting

Hi,

I was out of town for about 3 weeks and when I came back and turned on my ATV1200 it would freeze a few moments after starting. I tried uplugging it and restarting. This resulting in a black screen for 2 boots and then a normal screen on the 3rd boot but immediately froze again.

I then tried clearing the cache with no results.

The last thing I tried is to a factory reset. The box would display something like

“wiping data….

formatting data…”

and stay stuck on that screen. I tried this several times with the same result.

Now the box will not boot past the android text screen.

I think it may need to be sent back for warranty repair but wanted to check here before returning it. If it does need to be sent for warranty repair, where can I find the address to send it from the Czech Republic?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

I was out of town for about 3 weeks and when I came back and turned on my ATV1200 it would freeze a few moments after starting. I tried uplugging it and restarting. This resulting in a black screen for 2 boots and then a normal screen on the 3rd boot but immediately froze again.

I then tried clearing the cache with no results.

The last thing I tried is to a factory reset. The box would display something like

“wiping data….

formatting data…”

and stay stuck on that screen. I tried this several times with the same result.

Now the box will not boot past the android text screen.

I think it may need to be sent back for warranty repair but wanted to check here before returning it. If it does need to be sent for warranty repair, where can I find the address to send it from the Czech Republic?

Thanks,

Peter

You can try reloading 4.2.2, this is preety much the same thing as factory resetting the box.

Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

If this doesn't work, then you would have to contact support@mygica.com for instructions of warranty.