Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattyg

ATV1200 Boot issues

Hi All,

I think I bricked my uncles ATV1200 trying to downgrade from 4.2 to 4.1. He needs the earlier version for component video.

I followed the instructions from this link: http://www.mygica.es/downloads/Mygica_u ... 130805.rar (well what I thought were the instructions). Google translates the steps as follows:

1) We do 3 wipes

2) We loaded the SPI

3) We remove the power and re enter recovery mode

4) We loaded the firmware and do a reboot.

According to the recovery screen I had; only 2 wipes were available which I did. I then applied the SPI but didn't reboot like the instructions said and applied the firmware img. This didn't work but I was able to get into recovery again and apply the firmware img. Now after doing so I no longer can get into recovery mode and all I see is the green android logo and that is it.

Hopefully it isn't bricked and there is a way of fixing this without sending it in for warranty.

Thanks,

Matt

The 4.2 to 4.1 downgrade is done the same way you upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2

Instructions can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

Not sure why the instructions you were given were the steps you listed.

To revive your box, you can try these steps, and if failed, try the upgrade to 4.2 again.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.zip and extracted the files to the root of the SD card with no other files on it. After I plugged in the power and let go of the reset button it started to alternately flash red and green (Chrismas came early?) and stopped; I assumed it was done and unplugged it and plugged it in and no matter what I do I get no output, no green lights; just a solid red light,

Thoughts?

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.zip and extracted the files to the root of the SD card with no other files on it. After I plugged in the power and let go of the reset button it started to alternately flash red and green (Chrismas came early?) and stopped; I assumed it was done and unplugged it and plugged it in and no matter what I do I get no output, no green lights; just a solid red light,

Thoughts?

The downgrade process takes about 5-7 minutes. You unplugged the power to early and bricked the box.

The flashing red and green lights is to tell you the upgrade process will begin. You would get a blank screen on your TV for a few minutes, it would then start the loading screen, and then finish at the welcome screen once it was done loading.