Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV 582 Power Supply rating

Hi Team,

I got a ATV582 as a gift from my supplier to replace my bricked ATV1800.

What should the power supply rating be on the Power supply?

I have an issue with performance on the box and sometimes apps are unresponsive.

I tried a system reset but the result is the same., thinking that the supplied power supply has the wrong rating.

thanks

Hi Team,

I got a ATV582 as a gift from my supplier to replace my bricked ATV1800.

What should the power supply rating be on the Power supply?

I have an issue with performance on the box and sometimes apps are unresponsive.

I tried a system reset but the result is the same., thinking that the supplied power supply has the wrong rating.

thanks

The 582 and 1800E both use the same power supply. Which is 5 Volt 2amps.

Apps being unresponsive, shouldn't be a power issue.

Have you tried this patch file?

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=2223

Thanks Justin, the power supply I'm using came with the ATV1800 so it's the same.

On other S802 boxes I have noticed sometimes that the manufacture sometimes ships with the incorrect power supply which also causes slow downs and apps being unreponsive, I have seen it with a few other Android boxes.

USB drives not poweree up and not spinning down, not being able to run Antutu etc.

I'm kinda scared about loading the patch as some say it influences Netflix.

I'll wait for the next release :-)

Thanks Justin, the power supply I'm using came with the ATV1800 so it's the same.

On other S802 boxes I have noticed sometimes that the manufacture sometimes ships with the incorrect power supply which also causes slow downs and apps being unreponsive, I have seen it with a few other Android boxes.

USB drives not poweree up and not spinning down, not being able to run Antutu etc.

I'm kinda scared about loading the patch as some say it influences Netflix.

I'll wait for the next release :-)

The dropped frames patch is what is causing issues with Netflix. Not the patch I suggested.

I have KR32 and a remote simmilair to the KR-100, I have read that one need to press menu in succession for the upgrade to be seen by the upgrade app. Which buttons represent this on the remote(s) and also if I get into recovery and try to flash this I get an Efooter signature wrong error.

Or can I just make my own aml upgrade script and apply it this way?

Thanks in advance

I have KR32 and a remote simmilair to the KR-100, I have read that one need to press menu in succession for the upgrade to be seen by the upgrade app. Which buttons represent this on the remote(s) and also if I get into recovery and try to flash this I get an Efooter signature wrong error.

Or can I just make my own aml upgrade script and apply it this way?

Thanks in advance

The 3 Lined Context menu button on the remote is the button you are looking for. However I am not sure how the KR-32 would work for you since it uses a different remote code.

There are no buttons on the KR-100 that would represent the Context menu button.

I am not sure about making your own AML upgrade script, I wouldn't suggest this.

@Justin, thanks - can you ask to include this fix in the next firmware version?

Yes we will along with other things.

Just an update, I managed to apply this update, had to sign the firmware again in order for it to be displayed in the Upgrade Update app. My ATV582 now flies :-)

Just an update, I managed to apply this update, had to sign the firmware again in order for it to be displayed in the Upgrade Update app. My ATV582 now flies :-)

Ok good to hear