Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dxn131

myGica 1800e - Stock Rom Upgrade

Good morning.

I've been using myGica 1800e for 6 months now and am very happy with it. I just got it updated with new kernel version 11-05 as posted in the forum recently. Can you tell me if it is possible to upgrade stock android 4.4.2 with custom android rom 4.4.4 and CWM ?

Thanks for your time.

We currently do not have 4.4.4

If you want to try a custom rom you can, but you take your own risk trying these. IE: Bricking the box

There is no current compatible roms out there for the ATV1800e.

The hardware is not the same on the other S802 boxes and there is no OTG port to fix your boot loader if you brick it.

There is no current compatible roms out there for the ATV1800e.

The hardware is not the same on the other S802 boxes and there is no OTG port to fix your boot loader if you brick it.

Thanks for sharing this info

When you say the S802 is not the same on this box I am a bit concerned. I bought this box today and it was because of this chipset. I was choosing between this unit and the M8. I hope I didn't make a bad choice. :!:

Both devices has the same S802 chipsets, and the same Mali 450 GPU, the other internal hardware like the wifi adapter, memory and nand is different.

You didn't make a bad decision.

Both devices has the same S802 chipsets, and the same Mali 450 GPU, the other internal hardware like the wifi adapter, memory and nand is different.

You didn't make a bad decision.

This is all correct info

Thanks