Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

austenpowers

No internet connect, blue net light is not lighting up

DOA? Went to quickly setup my new ATV 582 and for some reason i cannot connect to the internet. Everything seemed to work fine out of the box - went through the quick set up, and connected to my WiFi network alright; then attempted to connect to Skype (but it timed out); then attempted to register the device to my Google account (but it timed out); finally, tried to simply open the Browser and launch a website (but can't connect to anything). In the device WiFi settings, it clearly shows that it is connected. I even tried a couple different WiFi networks (ie. i have a guest network)... and each time it showed connected.

Checked my router and i can see where the device has been assigned an IP @ (and there is no MAC @ filtering). I have many devices connected to my network and everything is working just fine (including this netbook from which i'm typing this post). Also, just disconnected an ATV 1200, which was connecting just fine to the internet (so i've been through this MyGica setup process once already).

So... before i take this box back to the store, am i missing something simple, or is this box just DOA??

Not that it should matter, but my f/w version is V001M801_20140801. And i realize there are newer versions of f/w available, however, i will not be doing a f/w update to "fix" this problem... it will be going back to the store if that's the answer.

Can you try a factory reset under the "Other Settings" menu?

To see if this fixes the issue.

Only thing I can suggest other then a firmware update, since you do not want to try that.

I've already done the factory reset twice, and then a third time to wipe it one final time... so back to the store it goes...

The reason i'm hesitant to do a firmware update, is because we can't say for sure at this point whether it's a hardware or a firmware problem, and i really don't want to go through the effort of doing a f/w update if it turns out to be a h/w problem. I've already invested too much time on this.

Tks again for your quick replies Justin!

I've already done the factory reset twice, and then a third time to wipe it one final time... so back to the store it goes...

The reason i'm hesitant to do a firmware update, is because we can't say for sure at this point whether it's a hardware or a firmware problem, and i really don't want to go through the effort of doing a f/w update if it turns out to be a h/w problem. I've already invested too much time on this.

Tks again for your quick replies Justin!

Ok no problem

Sorry you couldnt get it going

Returned the unit to the store and got a replacement. Everything worked fine this time. Went through the setup wizard, connected to WiFi and was immediately able to browse the internet, set up my Google account, etc.

However, the system prompted me for an automatic upgrade (OTA), and then things blew up... i will start a new thread for this topic... really not enjoying my EnjoyTV experience so far.