Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theduke201

Power/Standby/Rebooting

Ok, 2 issues with powering the box...

1) The power button on the remote only puts the box into standby. Only way to get a fresh restart is to pull the power.

2) The "Quick Boot" app when "Power Off" is selected, the box reboots and returns to the home page. Acts the same as if I picked "Reboot".

Ok, 2 issues with powering the box...

1) The power button on the remote only puts the box into standby. Only way to get a fresh restart is to pull the power.

2) The "Quick Boot" app when "Power Off" is selected, the box reboots and returns to the home page. Acts the same as if I picked "Reboot".

1. Just tried 5 different units here, all powered ON/OFF no problem. Running the 11-05 Firmware update.

Which version of Firmware are you running?

2. We really only pre installed the Quick Boot app as an easier way for the box to enter recovery mode. We know it will not power off the unit properly, it does not work across all Android OS properly.

I'm in the 11-05 update as well. Just to elaborate more...

If I press the power button, the box immediately goes into standby.

If I press and hold the power button, I get a menu with "standby" and "reboot". Neither one of those will allow me to just shut the box off completely.

Thanks for info on Quick Boot.

Interesting.....first of all, I cannot find what my firmware version is. In settings I can see my android version and build # and an option for updates?

To elaborate on my problem with not powering off, I have amine connection a HDMI switch and the device seems to stay connected and alive in standby causing my switch to pickup the connection and activate the device.

Just by luck a friend purchased an ATV1800e yesterday and dropped it off for me to setup. Did all the updates and his too is now on the 11-05 update. The power button works the same as on my unit. Press power and the box only goes into standyby. Now, there is a difference. On his box when off and in standby, the light on the front is RED while on my it's GREEN. When powered on, his is GREEN with the orange data light flickering and mine is RED with the orange data light flickering. So the light indication appear to be backwards from one another. That's the only difference I can see.

Prior to taking the 11-05 update I tried the power button and it works as I described so taking the update didn't "fix" the issue...

Any ideas as to why these 2 boxes are going into standby when the power button is pressed and why I'm getting different light indications?

Check the build number GlennK. The last part of it is the date.... V002M801_20141105. So that's 2014-11-05 or 11-05 which indicates the current firmware.

My dad's 1800e doesn't always go into standby, basically the green light doesn't turn on. You have to pull the power out and power cycle it. It seems to happen after a few days/weeks. Latest firmware too.

"2) The "Quick Boot" app when "Power Off" is selected, the box reboots and returns to the home page. Acts the same as if I picked "Reboot""

Same here. Device reboots to home page.

I band new have ATV582 edition 2015 avec firmware 2014-11-05.

I also applied one of the 2 patches available for this version.

Power off option in Quickboot does not work.

That app is only meant to reboot the box, or reboot it into recovery.

On the 1800E have you tried the power button on the front to turn it back on?

The front button on the box works the same as the remote. Press it and the box goes into standby. It does not shut off. Long press it and you get a menu with 2 options, standby or reboot. That's kind of useless since you move in the menu with just the front button.

As I mentioned earlier, what color are the lights supposed to be when "off" and on? My box is completely opposite to one my friend purchased which seems a bit odd...

My box shows a green light when "off" and his is red. When my box is on, they are red and orange. His is green and orange...