Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yann

General box setup

Hi all

I'm new to Mygica, had it one day so far, I got the ATV520E and I'm excited. I got this box initially to stream my own files from my home network. I've got my XBMC network setup on my HTPC and I was able to access it on Mygica, no issues there, now I would just like to stream line some things if you don't mind answering some of my questions.

First thing first, my box has 4.1.x installed, should I get the 4.2, any real benefits, it just states "you can give it a big boost", what does that mean?

If yes, can you provide the latest link to the 4.1 to 4.2 files, I 've read 95% of the post on this forum and I am completely confussed as each link seems to take you to the same page...

Second, I have my Magica hooked up via Ethernet, haw can I use and Android remote app on my phone if it need to connect to the wireless, same with the XBMC remote I would like to have, am I missing something do I need the Ethernet and Wi-Fi turned on?

Lastly, I know some have asked before but can you remove or prioritize your app buttons on your home screen so I can have the ones I want first?

On a side note, my father-in-law has had a box for a while now, not sure which model but he is not the most astute guy when it comes to technology, he has a bunch of down pointing arrows at the top of his screen as in app downloads but they don't want to go away, anybody knows how he can remove them?

I appreciate all the help.

P.S. for those interested, I used the Kodi version of XBMC on my HTPC and used the original Frodo on the Mygica with no issues, everything went well, worked flawlessly but I'm now looking to change the output on Frodo to 1080P instead of 720P, I saw how to do it somewhere so I just have to find it again.

Hi all

I'm new to Mygica, had it one day so far, I got the ATV520E and I'm excited. I got this box initially to stream my own files from my home network. I've got my XBMC network setup on my HTPC and I was able to access it on Mygica, no issues there, now I would just like to stream line some things if you don't mind answering some of my questions.

First thing first, my box has 4.1.x installed, should I get the 4.2, any real benefits, it just states "you can give it a big boost", what does that mean?

If yes, can you provide the latest link to the 4.1 to 4.2 files, I 've read 95% of the post on this forum and I am completely confussed as each link seems to take you to the same page...

Second, I have my Magica hooked up via Ethernet, haw can I use and Android remote app on my phone if it need to connect to the wireless, same with the XBMC remote I would like to have, am I missing something do I need the Ethernet and Wi-Fi turned on?

Lastly, I know some have asked before but can you remove or prioritize your app buttons on your home screen so I can have the ones I want first?

On a side note, my father-in-law has had a box for a while now, not sure which model but he is not the most astute guy when it comes to technology, he has a bunch of down pointing arrows at the top of his screen as in app downloads but they don't want to go away, anybody knows how he can remove them?

I appreciate all the help.

P.S. for those interested, I used the Kodi version of XBMC on my HTPC and used the original Frodo on the Mygica with no issues, everything went well, worked flawlessly but I'm now looking to change the output on Frodo to 1080P instead of 720P, I saw how to do it somewhere so I just have to find it again.

The update to 4.2 lists all the fixes and changes

You can read and download it here

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1948

Using the Remote app is quite simple, just both your phone and Mygica must be on the same network, this does not matter if you are connected through Wifi or Ethernet, just as long as both connections are from the same Router.

To prioritize your apps, I would suggest looking at a different Android Launcher, as the MyGica one is not customizable. You can find lots of Android Launchers in the Play Store.

Here is one I can suggest

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ome&hl=eny

You can clear the arrows using a mouse, just swipe down to open up that tab, and clear them left to right, as you would on a phone.

Also you cannot change output to 1080P within Frodo, it is permanately set to 720P.